VII. Automobile

Jack and I giggle to the sitting room for no particular reason, just enjoying each other presents.

"This is the sitting room. Is the lighting okay?"

"What?" He hummed grazing his eyes along the walls of the room. 

"Well, don't artists need good lighting?"

"Yes, but, I'm not used to working in such horrible conditions." Jack spat sarcastically in a surprisingly decent french accent. "Monet!" Jack's eyes lit up as he noticed one of the many paintings I have displayed in the room. 

"You know his work?"

"Of course! You see his use of color right here? Amazing." I lightly chuckle at his adorableness and excitement from the extraordinary painting.

 I leave his side to open the safe in the closet, grabbing my sister's Heart of the Ocean' and walking back over to Jack.

"Wow. It's gorgeous. What is it? Safire?" 

"Diamond. A very rare diamond. Cal gave it to my sister for whatever reason."

"Will we be expecting him for long?"

"Not unless the cigars and brandy hold out." Jack studies the necklace after taking it into his hands. Only then did I get the courage to ask him this lingering question on my mind. "Jack, I want you to draw me like one of your French Girls... wearing this." 

"All right." He whispers, still staring down at the diamond.

"Wearing only this." His head looked up at me in shock until he started nodding his head slowly, only making my heart rate faster. 

I make my way to an empty room and strip my clothes off my body, letting my hair down and rest on my shoulders. I then gaze at my body in the mirror, take a deep breath, put the necklace on over my head and feel its weight weigh my head down, slide a silk cover over my body, and finally walk through the door.

Jack was focused deeply on sharpening what looked like a piece of charcoal until his eyes lift to my figure standing in the doorway.

"The last thing I need is another picture of me looking like a porcelain doll. So, as a paying customer," I pull out a dime from my palm and throw it to Jack's chest, "I expect to get what I want." I smirk as he tries to not look at my body up and down.

I slowly reach up to my neck and slip the silk cover off my body, feeling it fall on my feet below me. 

Jack squirms in his seat and his breath hitches, not exactly uncomfortable, just out of words.

"The, um, the bed- I mean the, uh, the couch..." He plays with his fingers, internally cursing from his slip up. 

"Don't think that went unnoticed, Dawson," I smirk once again, laying my back on the couch. Hearing him mumble a quite sorry.

"P-put your arm back up, yeah, just like that. And um... put that hand right by your face. Head down, and relax. There, perfect." He studies my body placement as he glides his gentle hand crossed the paper. His face looked so serious yet so calm...

"So serious..." I say in a fake serious tone causing him to crack a smile making my heart thump even harder if that was even possible. I felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest as I could hear my pulse in my ears.

His face becomes more relaxed as he is beginning to get used to the tension in the air. I took this time to analyze every little detail of his face. The way his cheeks grew a shade of crimson and how he every once and a while flicked his hair out of his face. His skin was the perfect shade of glowing gold that brought out the color of his eyes magnificently. His collar bone and jawline looked as though if I touched it, my finger would bleed.