Chapter 1 - Topsiders

(Y/n) POV
-

We watch as Vi climbs the pipes that hung off the side of the building, Powder already in front of me.

She looks down at us with a grin. "We're almost there!"

"Aw, man." Mylo groans, shimmying up a pipe.

Claggor helps push me up behind Powder, giving me a hand to get my feet into footholds.

I didn't want to come, however, the rest of them persuaded me, saying how boring it would be if I were gone.

Thoughts of being caught and/or injured plagued my mind. Even worse, what if Vander found out.

I've grown up with them, with Vander, Vi, Mylo, Claggor, and Powder. However, I was always closer to Powder than everyone else, mostly because we were closer in age. Me just being one year older.

They had taught me how to jump from buildings, so I could easily slide and run down pipes and roofs like no problem when I was alone, and/or simply in the Lanes.

"Hey, Powder." I heard Vi call to her. "Come take a look." Vi adds.

Powder was the second one up, behind Vi.

"Whoa." Powder mumbled as me and Claggor came up from behind them.

"It's nice getting above it all, huh?" Vi smiled.

The view showed the city of Piltover. You could tell just by the air how much better they had it up here.

The castle standing above it all, looking down at all the large buildings scattered across the area we stood in.

A blimp passed by overhead, startling me as it seemed to shake the earth, the others simply looked on in awe. Vi pat me on the shoulder for a small display of comfort, as Powder gave me a few pats on the head instead.

"One day, I'm gonna' ride in one of those things." Powder declares.

"And one day, I'm gonna shoot one of 'em down." Mylo cuts in, pointing his fingers in the shape of a gun towards the blimp.

Vi smacks his hand down as she walks by him.

"Vi, are- are you sure about this?" Claggor asks nervously.

"I agree..." I chirped up.

"Look, if we get caught, we're--" Claggor begins.

"We're not gonna' get caught." Vi cut him off.

We all hopped down a small drop of the building. "We'll be in and out before anyone notices." Vi finishes.

We stop at the edge of a building with a steep slope down towards it's gutter.

"All right, everybody, follow me. Just don't look down." Vi explains.

Vi slides down the side of the roof and onto a thin pipe lining, throwing her upper body onto a roof's balcony, using that balcony's railing as grip to jump on a roof of a house that was parallel to us.

Mylo cracks his knuckles and follows Vi's movements a little less graceful, however, enough to make it to the other side.

Claggor follows exactly after, snatching a cupcake and shoving it into his mouth as he lands.