Chapter 9 - Happy Progress Day!

(Y/n) POV
-

A fire.

How nostalgic.

Me and Jinx stay at a distance, watching the flames grow as a few Enforcers run up to it.

I hated everything that had to do with this place, to do with Piltover. They claimed to be the 'City of Progress' but it only looks like all they do is take.

They take and they take. Just like they took my mother, and just like how they took my eyesight.

I watch as Jinx takes out a recorder. "Help! In here, please! Help me!"

The voice seems to surround everything inside the tent, a baby voice that makes Jinx's voice sound like a little girl.

A few Enforcers quickly enter, coughing as they inhale the fire's smoke.

One stays outside, though, I don't pay too much attention to her efforts of using a fire extinguisher.

"Help. It's so hot, please! I'm trapped." Jinx continues.

A couple more Enforcers join the one on the outside.

"I'm a helpless little girl, and I've set the building on fire by accident." The voice begins to distort. "Totally by accident." Jinx's voice slips through as her bombs that are hung from the ceiling are now discovered.

The Enforcer on the outside seems to have finally found Jinx's signature piece, the monkey.

"Also, I brought this dynamite." Jinx says, her voice now normal. "Goodbye." Jinx's voice fades out as the bombs finally go off.

A large explosion erupting that knocks back the Enforcers on the outside.

Me and Jinx walk out from behind the building we were watching from and head up the stairs of from whence we came, my hand in Jinx's as she catches a female Enforcers eye.

Jinx snickers as we walk off, her chuckles turning into laughter at the victory.

---

I flip the next page in my book, unbothered by Jinx's music being on full blast, it was actually super catchy.

Jinx works on her current project, bouncing along to the rock lyrics, goggles on and everything.

She lip-syncs, even using a wrench as a microphone. I watch, giggling at each motion she does, sliding around in her chair.

Silco clears his throat, approaching from behind her.

I bite my lip to hide my smile as Jinx continues to bob her head along to the music.

"Jinx! Jinx!" He shouts.

Silco finally has enough as he slams the radio player off, earning Jinx's attention. "That's me!" She exclaims, facing Silco.

Jinx pushes her goggles up as Silco begins to 'chew her out.'

"Half a dozen enforcers, dead."

Her smile grows.

"Enforcers. Dead."

"Yeah..." She chuckles, waving a hand around.

"A building blown to pieces." Silco adds, his tone still high in anger.

"Oh, yeah." Jinx giggles, resting her head against her arm on her workbench.

"Do you have any idea what you've done?! What you've both done?!" Silco exclaims with anger, taking her screwdriver from her hands.

He glances over at me, causing me to whistle and glance away.

"Actually, we do." Jinx replies, sitting up in her chair.