Chapter 8 - Wild Times

(Y/n) POV
-

Jinx immediately surprises the attackers--and me slightly--by pulling out two of her bombs and pulling the pins on them, throwing each of them at the two men on the head Firelight's sides.

They both go over the edge and only puffs of pink smoke are left of them as the explosions go off.

Jinx clicks her tongue a few times. "Tsk tsk tsk." As she shakes her head.

She grabs her handgun, twirling it in between her fingers a few times.

The Firelight throws two circular bombs towards Jinx that, on impact, create orange/yellow geo crystals in large amounts.

I go over to Sevika and pull out a pocketknife, using the hilt of it start smashing through the crystals which seems to be effective.

Jinx fires a shot back at the Firelight only to dodge an oncoming attack from a different one that ends up landing in front of her. She takes a shot; however, they move their head just in time.

Jinx doesn't falter and kicks them in the head, knocking them down in front of her. Before they have a chance to get back up, Jinx jumps and stomps on their head, knocking them out.

The main Firelight begins to dump a sort of flammable substance on the barrels of Shimmer that was littered around the ship.

I reach into my trunk of items on my back and shoot towards the head Firelight. Jinx had given me a handgun as a gift, as well as protection.

The Firelight dodges it only manages to graze his arm. He grunts and whistles towards another Firelight who instantly lights a flare, aiming to set the place on fire.

Jinx catches their wrist and gives them a punch, knocking their mask off.

It reveals a girl with pink hair.

"Oh no..." I mutter, my eyes widening as I see Jinx's expression rapidly switch. "Vi?"

The girl gives her a confused look before snapping out of it and dropping the flare, causing the floor to be lit up in flames.

Jinx continues to stand there, unblinkingly as the Firelight struggles to get Jinx to unhand her. She's always had a strong grip, having to carry around that mini gun.

Jinx finally lets go, the Firelight breaking out into a sprint, though, she doesn't get far as Jinx puts a bullet in her back.

"No!" The Firelight leader shouts, kneeling beside his fallen comrade.

The Firelight looks over at Jinx, panting harshly.

Jinx is breathing just as heavily, resting her arm over her head.

The Firelight takes out a stopwatch just as I'm able to free Sevika.

The Firelight leader screams, his voice distorted due to his mask. He rushes at Jinx with a weapon in hand, except, he's saved by someone else in the knick of time as Jinx starts firing off her mini gun. The two flying on a hoverboard.

Jinx yells as she fires the mini gun in every which way the two flies by, doing a full 360

Sevika brings me into her arms as we jump out of Jinx's haywire firing. Even when the Firelights fly off, she continues firing for a minute.

One of our men has been injured, shot due to Jinx's mental break.

Sevika stands, letting go of me as she approaches Jinx, shoving her shoulder so that the blue haired girl faces her.

"You were supposed to guard the cargo." Sevika scolds, anger prominent in her tone and expression.

Jinx only looks up at Sevika with a blank face, tilting her head to the side as she gives a small chuckle.