Chapter 7 - Typical Day

(Y/n) POV
-

My own reflection stares back at me with a bored expression. I can't even recognize myself.

I trace the thin scar that crosses over my left eye, a reminder of the past. The color from that eye is still there, its shine only slightly dulled.

I place a hand over my right eye and stare blankly through my left. My vision is blurred, not completely black, but blurry enough that I can only see the colors and blobbed shapes of large things.

Either way, it's changed my depth perception and balance in ways that I've now overcome.

I'm currently 18 years old while Jinx is 17, despite her being a bit taller than me.

With a sigh, I make my way out of the shabby bathroom and head out to check on Jinx; one of my morning routines.

Peeking into the room that me and Jinx shared, I notice she's passed out cold, a leg sticking out of the blanket.

I walk over and fix her sloppy sleeping position before heading towards Silco's office and knocking as I enter.

"Good morning." I greet, shutting the door behind me.

In the room I notice Sevika sitting on the side couch, smoking a thick cigar.

"Morning to you as well, (Y/n)." Sevika replies with a nod. Silco glances over at me, setting down the paper in his hands. "Good morning, (Y/n). Let Jinx know of the cargo shipment that's being sent out. You'll both be accompanying it as to make sure nothing happens to our products. Once she's up and awake, make your way to the port."

I give a curt nod. "I'll do that. In the meanwhile, shall I begin on breakfast for everyone or just for me and Jinx?"

I'd typically cook meals for the gang, either lunch, dinner, or more commonly, breakfast.

Silco shakes his head. "Just you and Jinx."

I hum in acknowledgment and make my way to the door. "Will that be all from me?"

He stares before nodding. "Yes, you may leave, thank you, (Y/n)."

I nod and open and close the door behind me gently. I head towards the back room of the transformed The Last Drop where a crappy kitchen was installed.

I easily whip up some toasted bread and eggs, seasoning them with some salt and pepper before jogging towards the room me and Jinx's shared.

Jinx is awake, sitting up on the edge of the bed yawning and rubbing her eyes. She stretches her arms up and out wildly before tossing me a smile and bouncing over to me.

She greets me with a quick peck to the temple, taking the plate of food out of my hands and immediately taking a bite out of the toast and eggs.

"Yum! Spectacular as usual, (N/n)!" She giggles, making her way towards the desk in our shared bedroom.

"So! What's the plan for today?" Jinx smiles at me and finishes up her meal.

I'd already eaten a small breakfast so it didn't phase me that she ate it all, I'm always the first to rise compared to her, giving me more time to do things; for example, make myself my own breakfast.