Chapter 3 - Vander

(Y/n) POV
-

The Last Drop.

This is the bar that Vander owns, the man who took me in after.. the incident on the bridge.

I consider him the father I never had; I'd probably die if he leaves. He's changed my life for the better, and has even taught me a few tricks on how to take care of injuries better.

We walk in with our heads down, attempting to lie low from Vander, though, I have a feeling he already has an idea that we're here.

We walk into our familiar room, the room that we typically sleep in. This is the place where I grew up with Vi and Powder.

Claggor sets me down on the couch, and proceeds to drop himself on the couch opposite to me and next to Mylo who instantly throws his legs up on the table.

Powder sits next to me and brings a leg up to her chest and crosses her arms.

Vi sits on different seat. "Vander learns none of this."

"No worries there. (Y/n) and Powder took care of the evidence." Mylo scoffs.

I open my mouth to argue back but Powder beats me to it. "I tried, okay? You don't get it. You're older, you're bigger. It- it isn't fair." She retorts, bringing both legs up to her chest, wrapping her arms around her knees.

"So, stick with us! Take a punch or two." Mylo replies.

We're all interrupted by the door opening, Vander standing in the doorway.

Everyone avoids eye contact, including myself.

"Everyone all right?" Vander asks with a gentle tone.

I tense up and cover the area of my left eye and temple, having the feeling that there is still a noticeable amount of dried blood.

"Never better." Mylo huffs.

"Good." Vander hums, making his way behind the couch me and Powder sat at.

He swings his arms behind him, holding his hands. "I don't suppose you can explain why it is that I'm hearing about an explosion and a foot chase topside? Five children fleeing the scene, one looking quite hurt."

He gives me a small pat on the head before stopping at the back of the couch's end, near the arm. He looks over at Vi. "What the hell were you thinking?"

"That we can handle a real job." Vi answers.

"A real job?"

"We got our own tip, planned a route, nobody even saw."

Vander turns his body to face Vi. "You blew up a building."

"That wasn't--"

"Did you even stop to think about what could have happened to you? Eh? To them? Have you even looked at (Y/n)'s wounds?"

Everyone once again looks away, silence taking over the room once more.

Vander sighs, rubbing his eyebrows together. "Where did you even get this tip?"

No one answers.

"We just heard it at Benzo's shop." Powder finally speaks up.

"From?"

"Little Man." Powder says with a cringe.

Vander sighs heavily.

Vi stands up from her chair and stands in front of Vander. "I took us there. If you wanna' be mad, be mad at me. But you're the one who always says we have to earn our place in this world."