Chapter 13 - The Boy Savior & Oil and Water

(Y/n) POV
Unedited.
-

Jinx looks down in frustration and anger only for Ekko to shut the canister and Marcus to shoot him.

The Enforcers move in, Marcus taking the canister that held the stone and pointing his gun towards Caitlyn.

"Caitlyn!" Vi's voice rings out.

Jinx gasps as her eyes land on her running towards the scene.

I stare in disbelief. Silco was right, it was only about the crystal. Why did I ever think she'd be different?

Why did I assume she never changed?

Of course, she changed, we all did.

Though, I suppose I have only myself to blame for convincing myself that it was otherwise.

Jinx holds her head, shaking it before screaming and snickering as she grips onto her forehead. She holds her temples before clinging onto me tightly, anger still etched in her features.

"Liar." She states, turning around to set off another one of her creations, one she's been working on for a long time.

I watch from behind a pillar that stands on the bridge as the mechanical butterflies take their place.

A flurry of firework like explosions go off on the bridge.

The smoke and rubble fly through, being carried by the wind as the blockade lights sputter on and off.

Jinx hums, her hand in mine as she walks down the bridge.

Taking a closer look, nearly everyone is either unconscious, dead, or injured.

I lean my head against Jinx's arm, afraid one might blindside me.

Jinx stops in front of an Enforcer struggling to stand and pulls out her handgun, shooting him dead.

Jinx continues to walk towards our main goal, the canister that holds the stone in it.

She gives me a quick peck on the temple before letting go of my hand and picking up the canister and throwing it over her shoulder, her mini gun being held in her other hand and on her other shoulder.

Jinx gasps as Vi stands a few feet away from us, holding Caitlyn.

Jinx scoffs, before grunting and firing off multiple shots from her mini gun causing Vi to push Caitlyn to the side.

Ekko comes flying in on his hoverboard, screaming.

Jinx grunts as she continues to fire, switching to her handgun as Ekko knocks her mini gun out of grip.

He turns back around, dodging Jinx's shots and yelling as he grinds his hoverboard on the rails of the bridge, jumping into midair with his weapon in hand as Jinx shoots his hoverboard down.

Jinx goes to block, putting her arms up, but is caught off guard as Ekko instead grabs the canister back from her.

Ekko rolls and grunts, landing on Vi and Caitlyn's side. He throws the canister at the two, the injured Caitlyn catching it.

"Go!" He shouts at them.

Vi stares in disbelief at Jinx as she takes a few steps forward.

Vi exhales once more before walking off.

Ekko steps in front of Jinx with a pissed off expression.

"Oh, look who it is. The boy savior." She pants.

Ekko exhales before chuckling and bringing out his watch, swinging it back and forth as it ticks.

Jinx lets out a small gasp before chuckling and holding up her handgun. "Hah."