Chapter 10 - Living

(Y/n) POV
-

Marcus stares down at the bomb. "This has gone too far." He flicks the pull pin.

"Hmm? Imagining yourself a hero?" Silco hums, noticing his action. "One final act to make you the martyr you've always seen yourself as?" Silco chuckles.

"Then what are you waiting for?" Silco finishes.

Marcus holds the bomb tighter before sighing with frustration. He stares at Silco one last time before turning and leaving.

"Ah, he's faltering." Silco sighs as the door shuts.

"You need to weaponize the Hextech soon. Once we've cracked their prize, topside will have no power over us." Silco explains, glancing up at me and Jinx.

We're sat up on the beams once again, Jinx holding me to her chest like a stuffed toy.

"I can't do it. Just... Give it to the doctor." Jinx replies, her grip tightening.

"You both, are the only ones I can trust with this." Silco leans forward, his arms resting on his knees.

"I keep.. seeing them. That day." Jinx answers, shutting her eyes for a second.

I feel myself tense as a small thought crosses my mind, 'Does Jinx know that I do too?' No, it's not as severe as Jinx has it, obviously not, however, putting two-and-two together; I'm able to see some comparisons.

Silco stands, looking up at us. "Fear haunts us all, children."

---

We stand in the middle of the water, the stars bouncing off the barely rippling waves. If a person remains completely still, it'd look as if you were standing in a painting.

"I almost drowned in these waters." Silco says.

"You told us a million times." Jinx huffs.

I look up, taking note as dark clouds run in, the sounds of thunder coming from them, disturbing my sweet painting.

"Vander wasn't the man you thought he was."

"Right, he was like a brother to you, and he turned his back and blah, blah, blah." Jinx replies, my hand resting in hers. "Did I miss anything?" She asks.

Silco snickers. "I've got a new one for you."

Silco takes a few steps away from us, running a hand into the water and raising it, allowing for the water's material to drip and trickle down his fingers.

"That day, I let a weak man die." Silco's hand turns into a fist before he looks out into the dark horizon, going under the water.

After a few moments, Silco emerges, using his hand to fix his now wet hair, moving a few stray bangs away from his face. "And another was reborn."

"Betrayal, that pain that feels like it'll eat you from the inside out--" Silco speaks, staring directly at Jinx, empathizing with her more than me.

That's how it has always been.

Yes, he's been there for me as well, but not in the way he's been there for Jinx. Their relationship truly felt like father-daughter, while I stood to the side, acting like a babysitter or a maid.

I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me.

Of course, it did, however, as long as Jinx is here, right by my side, I'll be okay.

I bite my lip, releasing my hand from hers, earning me a confused and slightly worried look. I nod for her to focus on Silco, knowing that Silco is about to change Jinx, for the better--