Chapter 14 - The Monster You Created

(Y/n) POV
Unedited.
A/N; When you see "****" play song for extra emotional pain.
-

Silco sits on the bench that surrounded Vander's statue. A tribute to him after he had fallen, literally and figuratively.

"A thousand times I've imagined this moment. Never like this." He glances down. "All we've ever wanted. The boy didn't even haggle. What do I lose but problems?"

Silence.

"Oh, it all makes sense now brother." Silco finishes, pouring some alcohol out of his flask onto the statue's drainage before taking his own swig.

"Is there anything so undoing as a daughter. No, daughters." He corrects himself.

My shoulder's tense, surprise running through my mind.

Jinx gives my hand a squeeze, her eyes looking up, down, left, and right as her mind reels.

I'm met with it as a hard stone truth as I shake my surprise away. He was considering abondoning me and Jinx, leaving us.

The one man who said he wouldn't. He's a liar.

Liar.

---
(3rd Person POV)
---

"Really thought I buried this place." Jinx sighs as Vi comes to, slightly struggling from her ropes that Jinx had tied her in.

They're sat in the burned down cannery, the place where it had all begun.

"But I should have known better." She finishs weakly.

"Powder?" Vi calls out, only being able to make out the shadowy figure of Jinx.

"Nothing ever stays dead." Jinx replies with a bored tone.

"Are we alone?" Vi asks, looking around rapidly.

"For now." Jinx answers as Vi gasps.

"Maybe forever." Jinx continues, passing behind Vi while the pink haired girl can only watch the figment of her sister pass by.

"Wanna know a secret?"

A minute of silence goes by as Vi doesn't reply, still looking at the rubble that carried dust and thin veins of bright purple on them, the shimmer having remained from all that time ago.

"Silco thinks he made Jinx, with all his rants and his hard-won lessons." Jinx passes by again as Vi's breathing picks up slightly.

"Excise your doubts, Jinx."

"Be what they fear, Jinx."

"Like everything was the same as when Vander left him." Jinx huffs, her voice cracking a smidge as she lets out a small chuckle. "But he didn't make Jinx. You did."

Vi stares at Jinx who has finally stopped moving around, a defeated look in her eyes with only the lit Valdiani producing light, it having a sparkler on top.

Vi shuts her eyes, turning her head to the side with a clenched jaw before her eyes focus on the sparkler that sizzled in front of her. "I'm sorry, Powder. I never meant to leave you."

"You never left." Jinx says. "I always heard you. Shadows in the streets, prickles on the back of my neck." Jinx lets out an airy chuckle. 

"Your voice. Pushing me."

Vi shuts her eyes for a second, staring down at the yellow and pink sparklers on the Valdiani with guilt, and slight shame in her expression.

Jinx continues. "Picking me up when all the colors were black."