Recovery (Jasmine)

I don't know why but my head hurt very much. My body felt heavy for some reason so I couldn't move. I felt someone lie beside and by the smell of his cologne I knew it was Jared. I wanted to move so badly but I couldn't so I just lay there.

He laced his hand with mine which lay limp beside me while he moved hair away from my face. What is he doing.

"Jasmine, I'm really sorry I wasn't there to protect you.I should have stayed, I really should have. I promise I'll do better so so much better you won't have to be afraid of being hurt again. I won't let it happen" he whispered.

"I don't know what I would have said to Luna if those people got you. I'm glad that you're safe" he sighed. "Don't worry I'll always be here I'm never going to leave you even if I have to give myself up I'll make sure you're safe" he tightened his hold on my hand, "I just hope you're okay when you wake up. Hugo won't get to you so easily next time don't worry princess, I will always be by your side" he kissed the back of my hand and got up.

I wanted to hold him back and tell him how grateful I was that he showed up last minute and that he didn't have to worry because if not for him I probably would have been found by those men and be killed by now. I wanted to tell him none of it was his fault but I couldn't move or even open my eyes.

I was a bit confused thought, who's Luna and why does he have to tell her about me? I lay there going over everything he had just said until I fell asleep again.

I woke up to a phone going ringing. The sound was quite loud and caused a ring in my head. I groaned and opened my eyes to see Jared standing by the window with his back turned to me. It seems like he was talking to someone on the phone so it was probably his phone I heard ringing.
I couldn't hear what he was saying clearly.

"Don't worry Luna it won't happen again. I promise" he said and ended the call.  Luna? Why does the name sound familiar, like I've heard it somewhere before. She probably goes to our school or something.

He turned and walked to the bed before realizing I was awake. "Good morning princess. How are you feeling?" he asked with a warm smile. I smiled back it was kind of small cause of the pain I felt in both my head and leg. "I'm glad you're awake" he sat beside me. "How's your leg?" "It hurts a lot" I said with a pained look my voice hoarse.

He noticed, as he always does, and handed me a glass of water from my bedside. I tried to sit up but he held me down, "Not so fast princess, we don't want the pain to get worse".

I did as I was told,"Don't worry about the pain too much. It'll go away in time at least it's a good sign, now we know you're not paralyzed" I frowned at that statement and he panicked after realizing what he said.

"No I didn't mean it like that just forget that I said anything" he said quickly. I giggled at his reaction and he turned red out of embarrassment, "You look cute RED" I teased. The look was wiped off his face immediately. "Don't call me cute" he said and got up and left.

He came back a little while after with a tray. He placed it on the bedside table."Okay princess it's time to eat" he stood in front of me with his hands on his hips. "Actually I'm not that hungry" I said. "No you have to, you've been on and off the for a while now, I can't have you unconscious again on an empty stomach. Your mom will kill me"

"On and off? Wait what day is it exactly?" "Um.. Wednesday don't you remember you asked that yesterday" he said "No I thought today was Sunday or something. So I've been unconscious for 5 days", I looked at him and he nodded.

"But you don't have to worry about that what, matters is you're awake and you're going to eat and take your medicine. Also your mom just left she said she'll be back to clean your wounds and change you bandage, I have to call and tell her you're awake".