Ryko

"So, Kuroha, where did you grow up?" Leenalee asks, as Kuroha digs into a mountain of food cooked by the chef, Jerry. Now he has two favorite people, to Kuroha's dismay.

"Hmm?" She swallows a mouthful of rice. "Why do you wanna know?"

“Just curious” as Allen munches on food and swallows it. “It didn’t seem like you grew up in that city” Allen said curiously.

"You're right, I didnt." Kuroha sips her milkshake. "I grew up in the US. New Jersey infact. But my family is Japanese."

“So how’d you end up back here? Must have been a long trip.” Allen asked eating some potatoes.

"My father had become an assassin. He murdered the president. So we were forced to flee the country." Kuroha responds bluntly.

"You know that makes a lot of sense... But it doesn't explain why you hate Exorcists." Leenalee says.

"An American Exorcist killed my family." Kuroha glares, her voice turning ice cold.

“I see… I’m sorry to hear that. That must have been an awful sight.” Allen said patting her head.

Kuroha blushes, looking down into her lap. "Y-Yeah..."

“Ah! My Mitarashi Dango! I forgot to get some made! JERRY!!” Allen panicked forgetting his favorite food and runs to Jerry.

Kuroha giggles innocently. "What a goofball." She moved her eyes to lock on to Leenalee, who looked a bit pissed off. "What crawled up your a-"

"Back off of Allen Kuroha." Leenalee warns.

Kuroha laughs. "You cannot be serious."

"I'm dead serious. Back off."

"Did you forget how easily I can kill you?" Kuroha grins, her eyes shining scarlet red.

“Heeey!” Lavi shouted across the room.

Kuroha's eyes switch back as she stands. "Now if you'll excuse me." She walks out, brushing past Lavi. He could've sworn she looked... Hurt? Sad?

Leenalee rolls her eyes. "Whatever." She rests her chin in her palm.

“Uh what just happened?” Lavi said confused.

Leenalee turns to him. "Kuroha threatened to kill me."

“So Yu junior huh. Well that’s not something that I think will change.” Lavi shrugged.

Allen looked back after getting his Dangos and saw Kuroha missing. He raised a brow and noticed her leaving the dining room so he followed her. Kuroha was close to her room, her hand a metal fist as she punched the wall repeatedly, blood trickling from her knuckles. "Stupid... Why did I ever think I could be happy here?" She muttered sadly.

“Hey you alright? What happened?” Allen said popping a Dango raising a brow.

"If I told you, you'd take her side." She wipes her hand, blood splattering onto the wall and floor. "So forget it."

Allen grew more confused. Though he started piecing together what happened. “Leenalee said something didn’t she? I wouldn’t let it get to you you’re strong after all. Not just physically but mentally as well I can tell just by what you said earlier.” Allen tried to reassure her.

"Stop. You don't even know the whole story. Don't judge me until you know everything."

Allen grew puzzled. “You know I complemented you right? I like how strong you are, I wasn’t judging you by any means sorry if it came off like that.” Allen nervously smiled.