Chapter 8

Louis POV-

Ugh, my muscles are aching. I get nauseous, then my throat hurts. I'm coughing, sweating, and have a headache straight from hell. Not even the thought of my gorgeous boyfriend helped. This cruise was supposed to be an amazing time with my best mates, but now I'm in the room while their having the times of their lives. Harry insisted on staying with me, but I made him go and have fun. I have been lying in bed all day, except when I needed to go to the toilet and puke. Suddenly, the door opened and a familiar figure with curly hair walked towards me and sat on the foot of the bed.

"I couldn't stop thinking about you all day. I should have stayed with you." Harry said.

"No, really I'm-" A cough interrupted my argument. I just couldn't stop coughing and it felt like my lungs were out of air.

"You're not fine, Louis. And I'm not leaving you again."

I decided not to argue. Instead I turned around and squished my face in the pillow. I felt a large hand start to rub my back.

"Are you hungry?" He asks me.

Ugh, even mentioning food makes me more sick to my stomach.

"Not at all." I tell him.

"Maybe we should go to the nurse on board?" Harry suggests.

"Will they make me get a shot? You know I hate shots!" I panic. I just hate hospitals and doctors. The look, smell, feel. There's nothing I like about them.

"Louis, relax. If she does have to give you a shot, I'll be right next to you. Don't worry." Harry coos. Honestly, I'm so glad I have him. He makes me calm, even when I feel like I'm going to have a level 10 anxiety attack.

"Okay. Lets get this over with." I sigh, giving in. I jump out of bed, bad idea. I get super dizzy and I fall to the floor.

"Oh my God, Louis! Are you okay?" Harry shouts before knealing to the ground and grabbing my shoulders.

"Yeah sorry. Just got a bit dizzy there." I smile.

"Be more careful babe." He smiles and my stomach flips and I can feel my cheeks redden. I love when he calls me that, it's so adorable.

He moves his hands to my waist and helps me up.

"Do you think you can manage to walk without falling?" He teases me.

"Shut it Curly." I smile and nudge him on his shoulder.

We head down to the doctor area of the cruise ship. We enter an all white room with four beds and a wall filled with cupboards and cabinets. Full of medicines and supplies, I assume.

"Hi, I'm Ashley. I'm one of the nurses on this amazing ship. Ooh honey, are you okay?" She asks me, obviously noticing my pale face and dark bags under my eyes.

"Um, no. I don't f-feel very good." I try to explain. I don't know why, but I get so nervous talking to people sometimes. I look at Harry with pleading eyes for him to explain the rest. Luckily, that doesn't take much convincing.

"He has upset stomach, nauseousness, weak muscles, he's always tired and has a loss for apetite." Harry explains.

"Hmm, doesn't sound like a very fun trip." says as she taps her pen on her cheek, staring at me. "Can I check your temp?

"Uh, yeah." I agree. She takes out the thermometer and pulls it out when I hear the beeping.

"Oh jeez." She sighs.

"What's wrong?" Harry asks. I look over at him and his face look so worried. His eyes are wide and his eyebrows are slightly raised.

"He has a very high temp. Honey, I think I know the problem here. The symptoms you're experiencing are upset stomach, throwing up, muscle aching, tiredness, and a high temp. Am I correct." I nod in response. "I think you have pneumonia."

Pneumonia? Oh shit.

"What's the outcome?" Harry asks.

"Well to be honest, no one really knows. I've seen cases where you're only sick for a week, then some experience death." She cringes. "But that's very rare."

Death?! I can't die! I need to get this

taken care of. I just got Harry, nothing will get in the way of spreading us apart.