A secret Sanctuary

A/N. I've stood right here at this spot on the cliffs of Cornwall. It was a magnificent day in August but the weather felt more like November. This is a statue of the legendary King Arthur. The views are breathtaking.

                                                               She is worth the risk, you love her chaos.
                                                             How hard she love you, she could never deny her love for you....
                                                                        Then why are you not as Brave as she?
                                                            And still she is your weakness. How alive she makes you feel....
                                                             Your own personal kryptonite, it's why you can't let go
                                                        With your heart of armor and your hands of steel.   "Superman".  N.R.Hart

        It appeared as if time had stoped and the noise and confusion melted away.  Rey could not pull her eyes off of a certain dark haired man sitting just a few  steps away.

        The feast and revelry continued well into the evening.  The whole court was celebrating the return of a handful of knights who had gone to put down  a revolt in a neighboring  planet and had come back victorious.
      Ben had lead the group into the dangerous and deadly  battle.  He knew he had to. It was his home planet and he felt responsible to put down treasonous  rebels.
       He knew he was putting himself in danger and if he died, Rey would be left to defend herself.  But he would not let that happen. He had  been in the thick of the fighting , arrows flying over his head.  He could feel his strength returning, praying to the Maker that it would hold out until he could get back to her. His arms ached to hold her and his lips to taste her  sweet kisses.

     Now here he was mere step away from his beloved.  They continued to glance at each other. They found it hard not to be pulled into each other's orbit.
    Then it was was as if the noise in the room ceased and there was only the two of them in the room.  A silent message went between them.....

   'Meet me at our secret place.'

       Ben inclined his head just a fraction, signaling to Rey that he knows exactly what her eyes are saying.  He yearns for her as much as she yearns for him.  No more waiting and dreaming.

   He must wait though, just a little longer.  King Poe stood and raised his hands for all to be quiet.   He didn't do many speeches. He left that duty up to Hux, but he had an important announcement to make.

       "  My people, tonight we celebrate the return of our brave warriors. My knights  have fought bravely and  been absent a long time.
They have been valiant and strong in the face of the foe. I will be rewarding them with lands and titles."   He paused for dramatic effect then continued.
     " Now , there has been rumors that have reached me about a young man claiming to be my son."  

    He had everyone's attention when he mentioned the strange goings on in the castle.  They wanted to know one way or another why this man would cause such trouble if it were untrue.

   " The rumors are true. He is my son. He was hidden from me for his whole life. I am grieved that I did not know of his existence until now.  Unfortunately his mother was not allowed to remain at the castle for she was a commoner."

     He held out his hand to Finn and he walked up to the throne.  His chest was puffed out proudly  as he stood next to the king. He glared down at all the people, ready to challenge anyone who would defy him and his claim.