Chapter two.

I quickly packed my things and waited, "so your finally moving out of the shelter got family for Christmas?" The old man asked me.

He and I had quite a few conversations about life, he was actually the only nice person to me when I first moved into the shelter he kept my company.

"Yes I can't even believe it myself..I thought I was going to spend Christmas all alone but I have an aunt..she wants me to live with her and spend Christmas with her too..What about you?"

He smiled at me, "I'm really happy for you go out there and live your life, make memories I hope you can tell me about them one day, and as for me? I'm going to spend Christmas with my grandkids."

"That's good merry Christmas." I told him waving and grabbing my things going outside since I had gotten a text from my aunt that she was outside.

I got into her car and smiled nervously. "Hey.." I told her, not really knowing what to say. I mean what would you say to your mothers sister who you didn't know about until now.

"This is quite awkward.." she muttered. "Ah sorry I just Im not really sure what to say..what took you so long? You know it's been years since my mother died and you only found out about me 21 years later." I told her, I wasn't annoyed or anything I was just confused why now?

"I'm sorry I know it took me that long..I just never knew she had a daughter..your father reached out to me and somehow he knew about you and he told me I should take you in while he takes care of business in China, he said when he's back he'd talk to you."

"Wait wait wait wait...rewind your saying my father knew about me this whole time but his business was way more important than his own daughter? I wanted to go searching for him but I didn't have any information about him I didn't know wether he was dead or alive but there he was knowing all about me yet he never reached out..?"

I was so pissed off I couldn't face her I folded my arms and looked out the window, my own father knew about me and buisnes was much more important than reaching out to his own daughter instead he sends his sister in law like who does that?

"Look I know your upset and believe me you have every right to be it's unacceptable but your dad..he wasn't ready and he wasn't sure how to approach you and that's why he wanted me to approach you instead."

"Right." I had no idea what to even say anymore and for the whole car ride I was just quite.

When we finally arrived I got my things and got out of the car. "Come on I'll show you to your room.."

She took me upstairs and smiled a bit at me. "I lived here with your mom ever since we were both young and this was her room..this is your room now those things in the closet were her things feel free to take whatever you like..she would've probably love for you to have them."

"Thanks a lot for all of this really." I really did appreciate everything she was doing for me. "Well I'll leave you alone for a little while I'll text you when dinner is done okay?"

I nodded and unpacked my things, I went into the closet where my mothers old things were and I took one of the boxes out putting it on top of the bed.

I opened it and started to look through out of curiosity. "She would've loved for me to have these? i refuse to believe that.." i said quietly and continued to look through.

There was a pink hairdryer it was pretty and old a bit dusty, "hm..maybe it still works?" I said plugging it in and turning it on.

Before I could use it on myself though, my aunt came in. "Didn't you get my text?"

"Oh sorry I was looking through-"

"That's okay dinners ready come down when you're ready."

I left it there and went to have dinner with my aunt.