Chapter ten.

my mom didn't get on the flight and hours had gone by but I was still stuck in the past with my mom.

I didn't have any way to contact the Christmas spirit who was suppose to help me, I was losing hope that maybe I failed just like everybody else who tried rob get their family back together on Christmas.

But just as I was about to give up she appeared in front of me. "Hello~ there sorry I was a little busy but I am here now congratulations you have completed your purpose so now I will be sending you back." She told me smiling happily.

"Did I really do it?" I said looking at her with the last ounce of hope left I couldn't even believe it myself. "Yes!!!" She told me hugging me tightly.

"However once your back into the future you aren't going to remember me it would be as if we never met..and this whole thing will seem like a dream to you..and you will go back to a normal life with your mom and aunt and it would be as if you always had them by your side."

"Oh..." I said almost in tears. The Christmas spirit was such a good person and I was going to miss her but I wasn't even going to remember her which made me sad because I felt so thankful  for her because if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be able to have my mother back.

"Aww don't  be sad just because you won't remember me doesn't mean your going to completely forget, you will remember the feeling of me the Christmas spirit will always be within your heart and on Christmas you will feel it the most I promise."

"I'm glad then." I told her.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes.."

She closed my eyes and snapped her fingers.

All of a sudden I blanked out.

-

Delilah woke up in her room rubbing her head from the headache she had gotten, "what a dream.."

"Honey!!!! Merry Christmas!!" My mother told me coming into my room. "Mom!!" I said hugging her, I felt my eyes well up with tears I didn't understand why I was crying.

"Merry Christmas honey..come open my present!" She told me smiling.

I came with my mom to open my present and saw aunt Serena sitting there by the Christmas tree also waiting for me.

"Finally your awake we were waiting for you for quite awhile sleepy head." Serena said laughing .

"Morning auntie." I sat next to her and my mom sat next to me, I opened up her present and looked at her. "Oh my god mom!!! How'd you know what I wanted."

"Hmm just a hunch?" She said smiling and hugging me. "Thanks mom I love it." I pulled my hair back and put the necklace on my neck hooking it. "It's so beautiful." I said smiling.

"well I got you and aunty Serena something as well"

"What is it honey?"

"My love."

"Well it's always the best gift." My aunt said smiling.

We all hugged each other and for the first time in my life I felt so alive happy to be home with both my mom and aunt for Christmas, I felt that cheer and the Christmas spirit was lively and for once in my life I felt safe.

-

The end.