| Hit Of Spring |

To be frank, Taehyung pitied himself

To be frank, Taehyung pitied himself. His friends will always be ready to bet you anything that the boy had no idea how to make a fist and couldn't imagine himself getting violent, not even when he was a kid and dumb shit was forgiven and written off because he was young.

There was no way he'd tell anyone about his little 'talk' with Matt. 

Taehyung walked to the subway, ready for a fast ride. Two stops downtown would be a quick five-minute bike ride for him but, he didn't want it.

He got to the MetroCard vending machine and swiped his way into the platform. This was gonna be Taehyung's last ride probably.

As his mobile flared up, he picked it to talk to his dad. He looked back and paused his steps at the booth.

"Tae? Where are you?"

"Uh . . . I'm on my way to the hospital. I just wanna meet—"

"Hmm. I understand. But . . . Just be careful, okay?"

"Ah, yeah, sure. I'll be careful. Dad, is it crazy to think the MTA won't need any station staffers in a few years because machines—maybe even robots— will take over their jobs? It's sort of happening already if you think about . . ."

A loud noise interrupted Taehyung—it was another train that was just passing by. His voice at the end was completely wiped out and so was the call. Taehyung looked into his phone where the call had ended already.

With a sigh, he stuffed it back into his pocket—looking over to the other people dressed up warmly for the weather and to the little kids that held their guardians' hands. They always needed help with pulling up their scarves.

Maybe one day, Taehyung had the feeling, he'll get back those lost days and memories along with all the happiness that his life decided to take away—no season was gonna last forever anyway—

The announcement informed that the train was soon approaching and more people crowded alongside Taehyung—he was kind of pushed back by the people who were trying to get to their works. 

Once the huge vehicle stopped and the safety door neat its entrance opened up, people tried to occupy the seats as fast as possible and as expected, Taehyung couldn't catch himself one. Releasing a breath that was now turning cold, he took his steps back home—getting his bike that he had chained.

—He was sure Spring will hit him when the right time comes or when the right person enters his life.