| A World Of Gray |

Sarah's heart was beating faster than it should, and she was losing her breath

Sarah's heart was beating faster than it should, and she was losing her breath. Not because she was dying, but because she was losing Taehyung—she lost him already because of her now-boyfriend.

The day was gloomy and dull—with the scent of petrichor pricking people's noses. Each and every drop that fell from the sky either met the ground harshly or slid down the curves of a green, fresh leaf. The street lights illuminated the droplets around it, making it look like a fog of light ready to lead you home safely in the darkness. Street animals took shelter and refuge around the closed shops' roofs.

Sarah was speed-walking home through the downpour, followed by Matt. "You're a monster! Why would you go showing off?!"

"I got jumped by him!"

"It was your fault! Taehyung isn't the type of guy who raises his fist. I was gonna talk it out with him."

Matt spit, pushing his wet hair back with his hand. "He ran his mouth, that's not on me."

"You have to leave me alone. I know you never liked Taehyung, and he didn't give you any reason to, but he's still really important to me. I always wanted him in the picture and now he won't be. I had even less time with him because of you. If I can't see him, I don't want to see you either."

"You're ending it with me?"

Sarah stopped. She didn't want to turn Matt's way because she hadn't considered that question yet. People make mistakes. Taehyung made a mistake attacking Matt. Matt shouldn't have had his friends send the police after Taehyung, but he wasn't wrong to have done so. Well, legally, no. Morally, hell yes.

"You keep putting him before me," Matt said. "I'm the one you've been coming to for all your problems. Not the guy who almost killed me. I'll let you think on that."

Sarah stared at Matt. He was a white teen with low-hanging jeans, a baggy sweater, Caesar cut, and dried blood on his face that was slowly dripped down to his chin along with the rain.

Matt walked away and Sarah let him. Her tears were covered and hidden by the droplets.

She didn't know where she stood with Matt and Taehyung in this world that seemed too grey and dull in the weather that was once supposed to be a boon to people.

She was not quite sure where she stood with herself either.