| You & I |

Matt stood by the door's frame with a smirk on his face

Matt stood by the door's frame with a smirk on his face. As he slowly walked in, Taehyung pushed away from Astra, frowning, and made his way closer to him. The unwelcomed intruder pushed his hand into his jean's back pocket, pulling out a sharp, regular kitchen knife as he sighed. "Not talking much now, are ya?"

Taehyung's mind first went to Sarah—he guessed she was the one who sent him here, feeling his hatred for her grow more within the minute. He wanted to take back every sorry he said to her.

Astra's eyes were wide and they flickered between both of them. Matt laughed loud, scoffing, before charging at Taehyung. The girl nearly screamed before another character entered the scene. "Matt! What do you think you're doing?!" Sarah yelled, placing her body between Matt and Taehyung. He backed off a few steps, groaning and playing with the weapon in his hand. 

"Huh, Tae? You're not talking shit right now?" Matt's hands were shivering too.

"You guys are not kids anymore! Matt, drop that." Sarah shook her head, "It was not Taehyung's fault at all!"

"Oh? So, now, you're taking his side, Sarah! Wow! You don't give a damn about me anymore."

"Yeah. I won't if you step any closer to Taehyung." Astra on the corner tried approaching her bag. Indeed, she was well prepared for anything. She was sure there was a taser in her case. But, her moves didn't go unnoticed by Matt, he rushed at her but, Sarah pulled onto the back of his shirt, causing him to slip on his feet and drop his weapon. More closer to Astra this time, she punched him in the face.

It wasn't too hard, but, it was enough to make the distance between them. Taehyung lunged for Matt but, Sarah beat him to it. She tackled him to the floor, holding his face in between her palm as she tried to shush him. Taehyung ran to Astra, pulling her into his side.

He was pretty disappointed—feeling unapproving if Sarah and Matt were still going to be in a relationship even after today.

Matt pushed her away and Taehyung lifted him up by his collar, pushing him against a wall as he crouched down in pain. Astra slid the knife under the couch with her feet, and luckily, nobody was hurt.

He kicked Matt in the face, with Sarah in the back asking him to stop. Astra stood quiet—she knew Taehyung could've died already if Sarah didn't step in. Matt looked up at the other boy the same way he did that night in the parking lot. 

It looked like a difficult day for a peaceful goodbye.

_ _ _ _ _

Taehyung and Astra were sinking against the bathtub, breaking down as Sarah had Matt held down in the living room. She wanted to be in a safe place—like a garden full of flowers, the Honey and Hollow coffee house, or on a bridge during a full moon night but, here she was in the bathroom. 

"You were really cool when you punched Matt."

"That was the first time. I never needed my fists to fight anyone."

"Oh? You used you're sharp-as-heck words. I'm sure." He tried cheering her up but, her atmosphere, for the first time since they met, was gloomy. 

There were not more than six hours more for the day to end and she was afraid she'd lose Taehyung soon. Once he's gone, she'd have to roam around the unknown city like a man without a soul. Like a zombie.

The day was unimaginable and now, Taehyung could call it the best birthday ever—not because he was threatened by Matt, but because he finally had Astra and a heart to love. 

Astra was tearing up and there was no stopping there. She finally cried, breathing deeply and coughing. Crying because she wanted more mornings with Taehyung. "Will you hate me if I say that I want to curl up on a bed and forget everything?"

Taehyung sighed, smiled, and nodded, gently taking her hand as if she'd start crying again if his grip was too tight. Kicking Matt out and thanking Sarah with a few grateful words, he led Astra into dreamland. 

_ _ _ _ _

Taehyung toured around Astra's bedroom, from the soft purple bed covers to the photo frames of her and other three guys all over her table and shelves. There were posters and albums arranged neatly along with more pictures on the walls.

She turned around to find him on the other wall, tracing them with his fingertip. There were fallen books and torn-up papers on the floor. He helped her pick them up, one by one, leaving them where they belonged. 

Taehyung jumped onto the bed, leaping and falling face-first. He sniffed in Astra's expensive perfume—it was present in each and every corner of her house. He stood up soon, jumping on the mattress as if it were a trampoline. 

Astra didn't stop taking pictures. The only thing that kept Taehyung alive was the thought that she'd be with him forever. To him, it was just her and him for eternity.