five - 'dicussions'

" 'come to our house now. We need to talk.' " I read aloud, before rolling my eyes and deleting the message. "Since when does she refer it as our house? Stupid woman."

"Are you gonna go?" Kaz asked, looking up to me after sipping her drink.

I scoffed and threw my phone on the coffee table. "Are you serious? Why should I talk to her?"

"She's your mother, Tegan! You have to. She gave birth to you, carried you in her womb for nine long ass months, and you aren't even going to see what she wants? That's kind of pathetic." Kaz lectured, spilling her coffee on the couch as she waved her arms around.

"You're cleaning that up." I scolded, pointing at the stain. "And you're calling me pathetic? What's pathetic is my mother not even supporting her daughter through what she loves most; making music! changing lives! something about that lady is not right, and I refuse to call her my mom. She doesn't deserve that title."

Kaz stayed quiet, trying to figure out a way for me to go. I don't want to go, I never want to see that lady's face again.

"I'll come with you." She shrugged, setting her cup down. "She likes me, and probably won't yell at you while I'm there."

I snorted. "Yeah, right, of course she won't yell at me while you're there." I exclaimed sarcastically, groaning in the palm of my hands as I rubbed my face.

"How do you know she'll yell at you though?" Kaz asked cleverly, yawning.

"It's like you've never met my mom at all!" I yelled, pressing my hand to my forehead as I squeezed my eyes shut. "You can be so stupid sometimes."

"What?" She asked as she frowned, looking at me with confusion. I opened my eyes and stared dully at her.

"I said, it's like you've never --"

"No, the second part. I heard the first one loud and clear. Actually, I think your perv of a neighbor heard." Kaz joked, glancing at the door.

"Whatever." I mumbled, getting up and walking to my room, Kaz trailing after me. She collapsed on my bed, her face buried in my pillows as I looked through my closet, picking out an outfit. A t-shirt with some denim shorts and tye dye flannel tied around my waist.

I changed into it - yes with Kaz in the room because we're both girls and we are best friends - and tied my hair up in a ponytail. I need to dye again, my roots are showing.

"Come on then, get dressed so we're ready when my wardrobe consultant comes over." I nagged, lying on the bed with my arms spread out, staring up at the ceiling. "Oh yeah, remind me to buy a scrapbook when we're there."

"Yeah." Kaz mumbled as she rummaged through my closet.

---

(a/n: is this too short I kinda want them to be like medium size bc tbh I hate reading long chapters so I don't want them to be long in case you dont want to read it anymore you know what I'm saying. but yeah, byee ily)