01 ❧ ms. policeman

The Tenryou Commission Headquarters felt colder than normal, giving off this unpleasant—ominous sensation

The Tenryou Commission Headquarters felt colder than normal, giving off this unpleasant—ominous sensation. You'd only come here twice and that was to give Kujou Sara the yearly HIRA plan. That way, she could assess the dangers that pose the greatest risk in Inazuma.

Hazard identification can include natural, technical, and even human-caused dangers. However, you have never had to report a person as a societal risk in your whole entire career as an EM until recently.

Arataki Itto.

To be honest, you didn't even know the guy nor did you want to. According to your staff, who were the reason why he was written down, Itto was a dreadfully awful disruption that needed to be controlled. It got to the point where they begged for your help and you had to contact the Kujou Clan to solve the matter. Weeks had passed and you got nothing in return. When you asked Sara about it, all she did was shake her head and walk away, mumbling some cuss words about the man.

You weren't sure why you were sent to her office but after witnessing the huge spike in risk occurance and the magnitude of the possible impact on the entire nation, you now had a fairly clear notion.

You fiddled with your fingers behind the wooden desk as you nervously watched Sara's pen dance along the ten-page document, marking down her signature on the bottom corner to provide notice.

"Excellent work." She eventually lifted her eyes to meet yours. "However, as the leader of our emergency management team, I'd like to speak with you about something." And there it was. You knew this wasn't going to be a career-threatening conversation but yet, the prospect of discussing major issues with your boss was terrifying.

The feeling of your throat being strangled was evident as you unconsciously restricted your respiration. It also didn't help that she was moving at a glacial pace, setting the previous two HIRA's on her desk one by one.

"So I've seen a pattern in your previous evaluations." Sara said as she rested her chin on her folded hands. "I'm sure you've noticed it as well." She pointed to the hazard—or, more accurately, the printed name on each sheet.