10 ❧ play pretend

The Grand Market Exhibition of Inazuma

Every year, vendors of all types would congregate throughout the city to sell their prized commodities at discounted prices. They had everything—from customized sculptures to exotic street cuisine. A celebration like this would normally result in crowded streets as it is suitable for people of all ages. That's how thrilling and well-attended the event was.

You should've expected Itto to bring you here. According to rumours, he's never missed a single one, reportedly because he heard from various sources that the magnificent Miss Hina was going to host a special meet and greet at the publishing house. Oh, if only he knew.

The entryway was already packed with locals, even before stepping foot in the area. You would've gotten lost in the sea of people if it weren't for you being tethered to Itto. He was able to effortlessly steer the way due to his naturally large physique and the terror effect he instilled in everyone.

You were taken aback by the bustling environment, as opposed to the crimson oni who was already used to it. There was a long list of stores you wanted to visit but you didn't even know where to start. When was the last time you attended one of these festivals? It's been a while since you were so preoccupied with overflowing work.

But that didn't mean it wasn't also nerve-racking. Having many individuals push up against you when you were just trying to go down the walkway was not a tenable position for anyone. People were shoving past your shoulder, trying to get to wherever they needed to go, and it took everything in you not to strike them back.