02 ❧ dumb & dumber

Arataki Itto

Arataki Itto.

When you first saw the name in your team's Hazard Identification report, you wanted to laugh and tell them to redo the whole assessment. Their work reflected the type of leader you were and based on what they intended to submit, it would only be detrimental to you and your agency.

If anyone had ever notified another chief, principal investigator, or lab manager that an actual person was a hazard, they'd be fired straight away. Luckily for your staff, you weren't like that. But having encountered the identified danger in person and firsthand, you could see why he was a concern for public safety—while at least one's emotional state.

You hadn't even been shackled to him for an hour and you were already losing your mind. Itto wouldn't stop complaining about how the cuffs were too tight and how they itched his skin. Or how he couldn't comb his hair because of the restrictions. Not only that but he wouldn't stay in one spot, forcing you to wander around with him.

Enough was enough.

You were determined to break free from these shackles, even if it meant chopping your own hand off. Anything would be preferable to being stuck with this obnoxious chatterbox 24/7. But before making irrational mistakes, you took a step back and considered the consequences more logically. All possible solutions have to be met before going on to the more severe solutions.

"What exactly am I looking at?" Sara questioned dryly from behind her desk, her gaze shifting from you to the handcuffs then to Itto. She was peacefully perusing records of several reports when her door flung open without notice and you two barged in.

The part oni's crimson eyes expanded as he took in the woman in front of him, his lips forming a sneer as he attempted to take a step forward which you halted. "Well if it isn't Kujou Chicken! Hey, you still owe me a rematch reme-"

"Quiet." You demanded him and Sara was grateful for that really. "I apologize for interrupting but we have an issue." It was evident to her the moment you both walked into the room. Even if she had already seen it, you waved your chained hand up to show her.