13 ❧ forever yours, someday

Perhaps this was a horrible idea

Perhaps this was a horrible idea. Certainly not your brightest moment, but you were clearly not thinking at the time. The proposal was simply too appealing to pass up, and if the opportunity arose again, you would most likely accept it.

As expected, the Tenryou Commission's incompetence was further demonstrated when the revered monument of the Electro Archon was left unattended. Despite your efforts to search, no soldiers could be spotted nearby, which seemed rather suspicious.

It wasn't until you glanced a little farther down the pathway that you realized where they were. The small group was racing after three familiar individuals and you couldn't help but smile as you watched the ridiculous scene unfold.

"How did they know we were coming?" You asked Itto, watching the gang fade into the distance and not bothering to turn around since you knew it would only result in a heavy reprimand. Apparently, he wanted to surprise you with something special and refused to provide any indications as to what it was, leaving you to rely on the sound of harsh scraping and murmured obscenities.

"Baby, it's telepathy." Itto said beneath his breath, suggesting that he was still preoccupied with his craftsmanship. After a few more carvings, he brushed aside the residue dust and straightened his posture to take in the entire masterpiece. He gave himself a satisfied nod and tapped your shoulder to direct your attention. "Alright, you can look now."

Turning your entire body around as instructed, you were confronted with an uneven carved heart with the letter "I" and the initial letter of your name engraved in the center. With all the aliases he'd given you, it was surprising that your true name remained in his memory.

Itto joined your scrutinizing stare with a hand on his hip and a pleased smile on his face. "So, whattya think? Pretty cool, huh? We can come back when we're older and this bad boy will still be here." His fingertips touched the cold stone beside the work of art, then slipped down until it was back at his side.