15 ❧ guidance from a new friend

You were originally introduced to the crimson oni through your employee's assessment papers, but you didn't get to see him in person until Kujou Sara instructed you to keep an eye on him

You were originally introduced to the crimson oni through your employee's assessment papers, but you didn't get to see him in person until Kujou Sara instructed you to keep an eye on him. Itto was made to look like a threat to everyone, a full-fledged monster that needed to be tamed. At least that was the word on the street.

So, rather than making your presence known right away, you chose to follow and observe in the distance.

And boy, were you surprised.

Leaning against a tree, you kept a close eye on him as he strolled behind an elderly woman, a cardboard box full of fresh vegetables in his hands. His intentions were abundantly clear, and he projected a completely different character than the one he was created to be. The two were laughing and smiling, as if they'd known each other for years. And they did.

Granny Oni was the senior's well-known moniker among you and the rest of Inazuma. You recalled sitting at the kitchen table at a young age, having your breakfast in peace until your mother spoke out from the sink area. 'Did you hear? That little monster was taken in by that old lady.' Her tone reflected her opinions on the matter: appalled and disgusted. 'I'm sure it'll be okay. So long as the boy doesn't cause any problems.' Your father replied before taking a sip of his hot beverage.

He was always calm and collected, even as you got older, and that reaction was predictable. In annoyance, your mother kissed her teeth, almost shattering the dish she'd just washed as she dropped it on the drying rack. 'Y/n, you're a clever little girl. You know not to speak or to even look at those disgusting onis, right?'

You diverted your attention from your half-finished dish to her. The woman wasn't even looking at you, but you could tell she was serious and ready to explode if she didn't get a satisfactory answer. You could feel her overwhelming aura growing thicker as you delayed your response, so you turned to face your sole source of comfort. Your father, on the other hand, was of little use as he watched with expectancy, waiting for an answer as well.