17 ❧ déjà vu

If you were to sum up the Arataki Gang in one word, it would have to be "wholesome

If you were to sum up the Arataki Gang in one word, it would have to be "wholesome." As strange as it may seem, you had no clue how exhilarating clothing shopping would be for full-grown adults. But, then again, their lifestyle and circumstances were vastly different from yours.

When it came to spending, there were many instances where the surplus of your pay checks was either left untouched or completely wasted on a single day off. It was safe to say that the commodities you spent your mora on were, for the most part, essential. There was an exception when you were faced with lonely times or miserable occasions, and that was when you treated yourself to life's greatest expenses.

And for the gang... well, they basically make due with whatever income they can scrape together. According to Itto, the most costly item they purchased with the mora saved up was a stylish tie that they still refuse to take out of the box.

So when you proposed—in tandem with Itto's ridiculous idea—taking the gang out for a formal attire shopping spree, you swore their eyes lit up like a child on Christmas morning. It was like a gift from heaven to be able to walk into a high-end store without getting booted out. Shinobu, too, seemed eager when she heard about the impending arrival of Fontaine apparel, attempting to glance out to the side as if you hadn't just caught her smiling. How could you possibly retract your suggestion after that?

What really sealed the deal was when you made it clear that you would handle the payment. The crew was undoubtedly grateful for your generosity, and they'd never let you forget that on the way there, but Itto was more on the reluctant side. It just made him feel worse about not being able to provide for not only his gang but also his wife. After many assurances and forcibly-worn puppy dog eyes that were by far the worst few minutes of your life, he ultimately caved in to the enthusiasm and boasted about what'd look good on him.

Hint: it was allegedly all in stock.

The large and elegantly designed structure was not a place you frequented after work, only coming here when you needed a new wardrobe for special occasions. You were likewise unimpressed by the sumptuous decor, so you were taken aback when the gang strolled in, goggling at everything from the exceptionally clear glass windows to the polished floors.