week 4

Mom gave me two tickets on an art gallery opening last night. It was supposed to be hers and dad's but an emergency on her work held her from going.

Well, the first person that popped into my head was Harry. So I texted him.

'Hey Har, I've got two tickets for the opening of an art gallery tonight and I was thinking if you would like to come with me maybe?'

He instantly texted back. I love people who does that.

'Do I have a choice?'

I laughed at myself because I could hear him say that in my head. I replied back.

'No :D'

I thought he would be talking his way out but he didn't.

'What time do I have to pick you up?'

'Your call. The art gallery would be open 7pm. don't be late Har.'

'See you later Ingrid.'

I looked at the clock to see it was 30 minutes past 5. I need to get ready. Knowing Harry, he would be here in 30 minutes or less.

So that is what I did. I went to the bathroom and took a long bath not knowing the time. When I finished taking my bath and worn my underwear on, I walked my way out the bathroom and got into my room and to my surprise, Harry was there.

"Oh, how long did it take me to take my bath?" I said meekly. I was talking to myself. "Give me a minute to dress up Har."

"I thought you had drowned in there. Please do." He replied.

I went in my closet and rummage some clothes. I took a short and worn it. I can't decide the shirt I have to wear so what I did was go out of the closet half naked with two shirts on my hands.

"Hey Harry." I called him but I didn't look at him. "Hey Har" I called again and he looked at me. "What do you think I should wear tonight? This shirt or this shirt?" I said as I showed it to him one by one.

"Uh, Ingrid. I think we are too old for these kind of things." He said. I could hear nervousness in his voice. He held the back of his neck and looked down on the floor.

"What? What are you talking about?" I told him. At first I didn't know what he meant by that so I had to ask the question.

He turned around facing the same direction as I was facing.

"You know. I'm a guy and you need to be decent when you face me."

I rolled my eyes at him, I know he can't see me do that but it was nonsense. I never looked Harry as other people so it was not an issue to me if he saw me on my underwear.

"Harry, you are my friend ever since we were on a stroller." I told him as I worn the black shirt. "And last time I checked we have done this a lot ages ago."

"There, the words just came out of you. We had done this ages ago. And ages ago is when we were kids. It's all different now." He replied. I got it. He was just being a nice guy and what he says is true. It's just that it was never an issue to me if it is he whom I am with.

"I get it Harry. Come on, turn around. I'm decent now and we are going to be late." He finally turned around and we got out of the den. We climbed into his car and went downtown

.

When we were there everyone was dressed formally. Oh shoot. I wasn't. Everyone was looking at me funny and what I did was ignore them.

"I never knew we had to wear formal dress upon going in here." I whispered to Harry. I was about to go the other way but harry grabbed my arms and dragged me inside.

As we went inside, I was mesmerized by the art works that was hung on the walls or the sculptures that was displayed on. It was too beautiful that I instantly fell in love with art.

"Harry, do you know how to paint or something anywhere near arts?" I questioned him.

"Me? Of course not." He chuckled.

"I want to try this art thing. What do you think?"

"I support all the things you are thinking Ingrid."

We roamed around the gallery to see all kinds of art. There are photography, paintings, sculptures and used things that you can't imagine that would be a product of art.

After about two hours of looking around, Harry told me that we had seen all of it and asked me if I wanted to have dinner outside.

Hell I did. So we went in the nearest diner downtown and ordered food for the two of us. While we waited for our food, we talk about how beautiful the artworks are and I have decided to try it first thing tomorrow.

I asked him if we could drop by a store so I could buy some things I could use for tomorrow.

After gobbling up what is on our plates, Harry and I went to a store and bought some paint, paintbrush, papers, pencils and the likes.

The next morning after school, Harry and I got to set up the things we got into the garage. Harry got his sketchpad. Yes he bought one last night and I bought some canvass.

"Where do I start?" I asked Harry.

"It is your work so you can start anywhere." He replied.

"What to draw?" Another question popped into my mind.

"Again, it's all up to you Ingrid." He said.

"I'm gonna paint something sexy." I declared.

"Like what?" he asked as he set the canvass up.

"I don't know. I'll start with a sexy pair of lips." I answered him.

"That's lame." He retorted.

"It will be pretty. You'll see." I said to him and I got my pencil and drew a pair of lips on the canvass.

When I was satisfied with the lips I took a paintbrush and opened the container that was labeled red. Harry just sat on the ground and began to draw something on his sketchpad.

After a few hours and a painting on the canvass that was an epic fail, I grew uninterested on the painting. I left it and went to Harry.

"I'm bored Harry." I stated what I was feeling.

"What happen to sexy pair of lips there?" he teased and looked at the painting I started. He looked at it and I think he was trying to figure out what have I done.

"I know I suck at painting, can I see yours?" I asked.

"It's not ready yet." He said as he slam shut the sketchbook he had on his arms.

"Fine, but I want to do something else." I said.

"It's a bit late for that Ingrid." He looked at his watch and stood at the spot where he was sitting. "I should go. I need to do the assignment Mr. Ingle asked us to do."

"Oh shoot, thanks for reminding me that. Do you want to stay for dinner?"

"Nope. Should head home." We said goodbye to each other and he left.

The week ended well. It was fun and I finally finished the painting I had abandoned last Monday. It was not that good but it was worthy of being put in the walls of my room.

Harry's painting on his sketchbook was awesome. He just showed it to me and the word awesome doesn't even describe it. It was really beautiful and I thought that it was worth it to be displayed but he said it was a private thing.