week 8

Prom. Prom. There are few guys who asked me but I promised Harry I would be his prom date. It was so clear to me that we decided to go on prom together when we were kids, when we saw his sister being swept away by a guy on her prom night.

Well, we had a bet on who would swept who so we were looking forward to this event.

Days before the prom, the admin announced who is the candidate for the upcoming prom and to my surprise, I was one of them and Harry too.

I was so ecstatic on the new. Angel, Samantha and I shopped for the dresses we wanted to wear for the prom. We rummage every place we could, but only shop gave what we wanted. It is called ElOhVeeEe. At first I didn’t understand the name of the shop but then the sales lady said it out loud.

“Welcome to El-Oh-Vee-Ee where you would find everything you need.”

The three of us roamed around the shop and in that moment I instantly fell in love with a peach ball gown. It had glitters and shiny beads on the upper part of it. Then a huge skirt flowing. It had a lot of petticoat under it so it kind of look like fluffy.

I held it and it was just beautiful.

“Could I try this on?” I said to the sales lady. She helped me get it in the dressing room and I manage to slip on me. I went outside the fitting room to show it to my friends.

“That is perfect Ingrid.” Angel uttered.

“That is so you.” Samantha added.

“I feel like a princess.” I admitted. “I’ll take this.” I looked at the sales lady and luckily my budget for a gown was enough. It was so cheap even though it looks like a very expensive one.
Angel and Samantha also got theirs in that shop so we had a discount. It was 20% off when you buy 3 gowns and it was each so we had a fair bargain.

Atlast the night of the prom came. My parents called me to go up because Harry is here to fetch me.

I looked at the mirror again to make sure I was as perfect as I imagined I could be. Going up the stairs was a struggle. Well, my gown was heavy but it was worth it. As I entered the room, Harry was seated in the sofa. He suddenly stood up upon seeing me and I actually made his jaw drop. I smiled upon seeing him do that.

“Do you want me to get that for you?” I joked and he responded with a chuckle.
“You won. You mesmerize me tonight Ingrid.”

“You look fine yourself Bradford.” I commented on what he looks like. He was wearing a fine skin tight slacks and a white coat. He was good looking in that pair of clothing.

He then handed me a bouquet of red roses.

“Aww, what is this for? Thanks.” I smiled at him.

“Picture time.” Mom told us.

We pose for her and she just cried in joy. She told us that we are all grown up and we look incredibly gorgeous and handsome tonight.

I left the bouquet of roses to mom and ask her to put it in a vase. She nodded.

Harry and I got out of the house and I was surprise that a limo was on the front yard. And to my surprise the gang is inside waiting for us.

I called my mother to take a picture of all of us so she did and she also brought the bouquet outside. We pose for her and she looks giddy upon taking pictures of us.

Angel took a picture of us too. She made us pose like we were dancing and made me held the bouquet. She showed it to us and it was good.

After a lots of picture, we made our way to the hotel the school rented for the prom.

“Ready?” I asked them. We wore out mask so we could enter the premises.

Everyone was just beautiful in his or her own way. When we came, it had already started and some were dancing. Some were eating on the buffet and some are just loners sitting on the chairs that was arranged beautifully.

It was, I felt, hours when they finally announced the prom king and queen and guess what? It was nerve racking.

The candidates was called in a stage and the first one they had announced was the king. Harry won, that lucky bastard not doing any effort about it.
Then the drum roll for prom queen rolled. I was up against a gorgeous cheerleader who was wearing a dress that was showing too much cleavage. She can pull it off, I can’t. I will be caught dead wearing that.

I was busy talking to myself when I felt a nudge.

“Once again. Ingrid Samuels, our prom queen.”

I can’t believe I have won.

They called me so I could be crowned and the next thing I knew Harry and I was being introduced as the prom queen and kind and will be having the first dance as king and queen.

“Congrats. Looks like you mesmerized everyone besides me.” Harry said as he held my waist.

“Well, I didn’t expected it though.” I wrapped my arms around his neck. I was almost hugging him.

We have done this for quite a while when someone butt in.

“Can I dance with the queen?” A deep voice asked. We both looked at the guy. He was as tall as Harry and have a black hair. I don’t know him even if I saw his lips. His eyes and nose were covered by his masked.

Harry look at me like he was asking if I wanted to dance with the stranger. I nodded. It would never hurt me anyways.
Harry left me with the guy. I saw him sat on a chair near the punch. I saw him munch on the food on the table. I chuckled. Harry would be Harry all the time.

The mystery guy held my waist ever so gentle. I put my hands on his shoulder.
“So what is your name?” I asked him.
“It’s a secret my queen.” He answered thriftily. His voice is gorgeous and manly. I frowned.

“Why won’t you say your name?” I asked him again.

“Does it matter?”

“Uh, yes? I said and he just kept quiet and he had that smirk on his lips.

“I think you are overthinking. I assure you, you don’t even know me, even if I say my name.” he said.

“I’m just curious. Are you one of the dudes I rejected to be their prom date?”

“No. I don’t have the guts to ask you.”

“And you had the guts to steel me from Harry?”

“My identity is safe behind this.” he pointed to his mask.

“The clock just struck midnight and this would be the last song I will be playing.” I heard the DJ said.

“It’s my cue to disappear my queen. Thanks for making my night and this is for you.” He kissed me in my cheeks and gave me three white rose and just left me.

I didn’t saw him afterwards. He vanished on the sea of people dancing on the prom’s last song.