the beginning

I went straight home when I finished my last minute shopping for gifts for my family.

I saw mom and her best friend, Emilia, was busy doing their thing in the kitchen and the big boys, my dad and Joey, was busy watching something on the television.

I kissed my mom and Emilia on the cheeks and so did my dad and Joey. They told me that I had grown into a beautiful woman. I smiled at them but in my head, I was rolling my eyes at them.

After that scenario, I went down the den to my room. I put the things I bought earlier on my study table. I went to my closet and striped what it is on my not including my underwear, I just want to wear something comfortable and not skintight.

I wear an oversized jumper and walked towards my bed to sit. When I sat on the edge, I noticed something was wrong. I slowly moved my head towards on my side and I saw a pair of big green eyes looking at me.

"Jesus, Harry." I blurted out. I was startled. I saw a smirk on his face.

"Hi Ingrid." He said with a mischievous tone.

"What are you doing in here?" I felt stupid asking that. His family and mine always do this thing on New Year since like forever.

He raised an eyebrow to me.

"Have you forgotten the family tradition Ingrid?" he rolled his eyes at me.

"I knew that, I felt stupid after saying that out loud. Just so you know." I told him matter of factly.

"So..." he trailed of.

"Harry, I missed you!!" I shouted and jumped on the bed just to hug him and later wrestle him. I haven't seen this dude in a span of two years, his sister took him to London to study high school in there and he left me here to sulk and miss him.

"I missed you too Ingrid." He flipped me over and I surrendered. He is now bigger than me and I couldn't defeat him anymore.

"You have grown big Harry."

"And handsome." He added. I rolled my eyes at him and he slumped his body next to mine.

I took the liberty on laying my head on his arms.

"I'm staying, for good." He whispered.

"What?" I was surprised at what he said.

"Are you telling the truth?" I asked upon looking at him.

"Yes."

"Why?" I was curious, the school year hasn't ended yet but he decided to stay.

"Well, I don't know. It feels like home in here." He said. "My mom doesn't know it yet though. But my sister does."

"You told me you got friends in there. Did you got bullied?"

"Gods, No. I was more of the bully." He said. "Hahaha. It was a joke but no one got bullied back there. People there are warm and welcoming. Everyone is kind."

"Really? I want to go there." Then it hit me. I stood up and went to the paper bags I had when I came in. I rummage through it and found the only thing I bought to myself. He looked at me in curiosity.

"Hey, I bought a new journal." I said beaming a smile at him.

"I think it's called a planner honey." He said amused.

"Planner or Journal. The important thing is I have it." I uttered.

"So? What is important about that?" he finally asked.

"Do you want to join me fill this baby up?" I asked raising my eyebrows up and down.

"How? Like write on it?" he said back at me laughing.

"Uh, No. I will write everything that will happen this year and I am planning in doing things I haven't done." I took a pen on my study table and flipped the pages of the journal. I scribbled something on it like a checklist or a bucket list or a to do list.

I showed it to him and beamed a smile at him.