week 10

“Harry, I got two concert ticket for Greg Sherman.” I said giddy as if I knew that artist my whole life. Honestly I haven’t heard any of his songs.

“Who is Greg Sherman?” Harry asked.

“Greg Sherman is the best of his generation.” I said and actually I didn’t even know if it is was true of just a figment of my imagination.

“When will this concert be?”

“It’s on Saturday night 8 pm.”

“Shoot Ingrid. I can’t. I have something to attend to and it was planned long time ago.”

“Okay, I’ll just call Samantha or Angel.” So that is what I did.

Samantha had a family day on Saturday and Angel had a date with Adam.

“No one is available on Saturday.” I told Harry sadly.

“So are you still going?” Harry asked.

“Yes. These tickets are going to waste if I wouldn’t. I’ll just befriend a stranger and…”

“I doubt you would do that Ingrid.”

“Wanna bet on it Bradford.”

“Yes.”

“So what is at stake here?”

“I don’t know. I’ll think of it but something is at stake here.” Harry uttered.

The week had passed and Saturday came. I have no one to go with me yet so I decided to just go in there early and befriend someone up.

I went to the venue two hours early. I roamed around the venue and couldn’t find someone who looks like my age and I could be friend to.

I had roamed around for more than an hour now and I just made up my mind against my dilemma.

I closed my eye and counted from one to ten. When I opened my eyes, the first person I got to see is the person I’m gonna befriend and give the opportunity to watch the concert with me.

I saw a random guy and he looks kind. He looks like he is in high school like me and he looks like he was alone. I waited for him to stop and got my move as soon as he sat on a bench. I walked towards him and sat beside him.

I had my doubts on offering him the ticket. I am shy and I don’t know how to. Then I took 3 deep breath and closed my eyes.

Well here goes nothing…

“Hey,” I smiled at the stranger. He smiled back. Score! I think he is kind.
“Hey Ingrid.” He smiled and I looked at him funny.

“Have we met before?” I asked in curiosity. “Why’d you know my name?”
“You were the prom queen, we go in the same school. I’m a senior.” He again smiled at me. He looks kind of familiar.

“You look familiar, have we ever got to mingle?”

“Nope. Not that I think of.”

“So do you want to?” I asked him.
“Sure.”

“So here is the plan. I got 2 tickets for Greg Sherman’s concert tonight and I am thinking if you want to come with me?”

“Greg Sherman? I thought his name is Ed Sheeran.” He corrected me.

“Actually I don’t know this guy, I just want to try going on a concert. My best friend should be with me but he had other agendas before this so… Do you want to come?” I asked him.