week 6

I was on a group skype with our gang. Kevin, Adam, Toby, Samantha, Angel and me. We were planning on a birthday surprise for Harry.

So the plan is we are gonna throw a party for him. After school at his pad. And yes, his parent are included in this plan.

"So, the plan is Ingrid will be in charge of Harry duty after school while the gang will be on their way to Harry's house." Angel repeated for the nth time. She is the organizer of the group.

"Harry doesn't want people to know it's his birthday so be discreet about it. Don't greet him before the surprise okay." I reminded them.

The guys nodded in approval and then that was my cue on telling my goodbyes to them. I had to bake a cake for tomorrow. It was one of my duty for the birthday surprise.

I bake a chocolate cake and I threw in a cupcake which I would use to surprise Harry in the morning. As soon as I was finished doing my job, I decided that I should sleep and I set my alarm early for tomorrow.

As soon as the alarm went ringing, I stumbled to get myself ready. I had worn the clothes I prepared last night and in a few minutes I was on my way to Harry's.

When I got into their house, everyone was still asleep. I knew that they had their duplicate key under a rock on the side of the door. I took it and used it and place it back under the rock.

I slowly got the cake and put it on their refrigerator and got the cupcake on my hand and tiptoed my way to Harry's room.

Luckily, it was unlocked, so I slowly get myself inside his cold dark room.

I caught him snoring ever so lightly so I knew that I didn't wake him up. When the clock struck 6, his alarm went ringing. It startled me actually but I made my way on the edge of his bed so when he sat up I was the first time he sees.

It was an epic fail because when he sat up I fell off the bed and with a loud thud on the floor but I saved the cupcake to be squished by me.

"Safe." I screamed feeling proud on saving the cupcake.

Harry looked over and looked at me like I have done something wrong.

"Happy Birthday?" I uttered but it got out wrong, it kinda got out like it was a question so I had to repeat it.

"Happy birthday Harry." I said with a smile. He plopped his head on the bed again and smiled. He then sat straight again.

"What is the meaning of this Ingrid?" He asked me.

"I just want to greet my best friend a Happy Birthday." I gave him the cupcake with a flower on it.

"Really Ingrid? A flower?" He said.

"Suck it up. It's the only thing I know so just accept that." I stated. "Get ready already, we will be late for school." I said as I stood up and laid on his bed. "I'll wait here."

"Close your eyes would you?" he requested.

"Why?"

"I'm going to stand and the only clothing I have is a boxer so..." he trailed off.

"So..."

"We talked about this Ingrid. And besides I have something to h..."

"Oh, the boy's famous morning wood." I said laughing. I put on a pillow on my face but continued laughing. I was that amused. I felt Harry's weight was gone on the bed.

After a few more minutes, Harry and I was ready to go. He got the cupcake I made for him and ate it. All of it in just two bite and we went to school as soon he was ready.

"Come straight home after school kids." Emilia said.

"No party mom." Harry snapped. His mom just smiled at him and we went out the door.

Our friends tried their best to hide what they knew. Yes. There was a few scenario that they almost spilled something out.

Like Kevin asking what food we would eat at Harry's for later. Luckily Samantha saved us from Harry's suspicion.

"Is it a movie night?" Samantha segued.

"No, not that I think of but do you want to?" Harry asked.

"That would be great." Toby said.

"So see you guys around 7?" Harry declared. Everyone nodded in approval.

"Harry will be in charge on the movie." Angel said. Everyone agreed on that too.

As the day passed by us, Harry asked me if I could come with him to the video store to buy a movie starting with the letter C. I accepted that because it was a great way to kill the time when the guys will go to Harry's.

After school, Harry and I went to the video shop to find movies starting with C. We end up buying 'Crush', 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory', 'Catch me if you Can' and two more films starting with letter C.

We went home after we did that. As soon as Harry opened their front door everyone appeared before our eyes and shouted Happy Birthday to Harry.

Then his mother got the cake I made with a candle and everyone started singing.

"Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Harry. Happy Birthday to you."

Harry blew the fire off the candles. He said his thanks to everyone and the party began.

"I thought we would just watch some movies. I never thought that you arranged a surprise party for me." Harry said as we ate dinner.

Many pictures and laughter later, we bid our goodbyes to Harry's family. I was the last one to leave Harry's pad.

"Thanks for this Ingrid." He hugged me and I felt a kiss he did on my head. "The gesture is very touching but where the hell is my gift?" He asked as we broke the hug.

"Didn't myself suffice the scarce on gifts?" I joked at him. He looked closely to me.

"No." he said smirking. I took it very seriously so I told him he should go shopping on me. He turned down the offer but accepted it before I could leave their property.

So the next day after school we went to the nearest mall there is on our vicinity. We roamed around to find the perfect gift for him or so I thought it was. It was shirts and shoes. We even bought shoes that match. It was a red Kedds. He was happy with it so I thought it was perfect.