week 1

Week 1

"Guys, 10 minutes till New Year." Mom said as she appeared on the top stairs.

"We will be up in a minute mom."' I shouted.

"Okay." She then disappeared on cue.

"Let's go." I told Harry as I stood up upon sitting on the bed. I went to the table where I had put the present earlier and asked Harry if he could help me.

"What is all of these Ingrid?" He asked as I out all of it on his arms.

"Are you blind? It's all presents, duh." I told him.

"Do I get one?" he asked.

"Nope." I smirked at him. "You didn't told me you would be here, so suck it up."

"Oh okay. I had one for you but because you haven't got any for me, I'll hold to it till you gave me one?"

"What? I thought the saying was 'it's better to give than to receive." I teased him.

"Nope, it's not." He responded.

"Some kind of best friend you are." I told him. He only smirked at me and I told him that we should head up now.

As we entered the dining, mom and Emilia had done everything pretty good. There are so much on the dining table and they all look so delicious.

Before I could sit on my chair, I dragged Harry by my side and gave my presents to them. They told me their thank you and I sat on my seat like a little good girl and Harry on my side.

"You look too giddy, have Harry gave you the ticket?" Joey asked.

"Dad." He looked up at his dad eyes widen.

"Oh, Sorry. It seems that I spoiled the surprise." His dad apologized.

"Harry, what is it?" I asked. He looked at me.

"Mom, Dad, Harvey and I decided that I will be staying here with you guys." Harry announced.

"Why?" Emilia asked.

"I just want to live here mom. Oh look, it's a few seconds till new year." He looked at his watch to divert the attention from him to the holiday we will be spending tonight.

"This conversation isn't over yet Harry." Emilia told his son.

We waited until it is 12 midnight and happily consumed every dish there is on the table. Its New Year today and I am really happy that I am with my family.

After of almost an hour of eating and a lot of catching up, Harry and I got to clean the table. Thank God for whoever invented the dishwasher.

While cleaning everything up, I asked Harry about what his dad told earlier.

"Well, I'll give it to you when you gave me a present." He said with a smirk.

"Ticket to what Harry?"

"It's a secret."

"Is it a concert ticket? I would love that." I asked him. He just smiled at me.

"Concert tickets. That's it. That would be on my To do List." I waited patiently until the dishes are done. My parent's and Harry's parents said goodnight to us, yes, Harry's parent will be sleeping on a guest room we have. And for Harry and me, we would be sharing my room. Me on the bed and him on the couch on my room.

As soon as the dishes were done Harry and I went to the den. I got my journal and scribbled a few words on the list I made earlier.

"London, buy concert tickets." Harry said. "What do you call that?"

"It's a 'To Do List' that I will be doing this year and you are gonna help me do that."

"Me? Why me?" he asked me as if disagreeing on what I have told him.

"Well, we are best friends so I thought you wanted to do this kind of things." I told him as if I am begging so that he would take pity on me.

"Oh alright." He said as if he was obliged to do whatever comes into my mind.

"Thanks Harry." I jumped onto him and hugged him tight.

After a while and a lot of catching up, Harry made his bed on the couch and me, I got on my bed and forced myself to drift to sleep.

After a few days, Harry dropped by our house. He said he had nothing to do in theirs so he got into ours. Mom and dad isn't home. Work started for them and school would be in just a few days too.

"I want to do something today." Harry said as he slumped on the couch on our living room.

"Like what?" I asked him as I slumped my body against the couch next to him.

"I don't know." He said. "I just missed doing a lot of things when we were kids. Like going on to somewhere we don't know."

"Me too, and we will be doing that starting next week. I'm thinking that we should do it every once a week. We should go to places our feet would take us. And do things our mind would think of. No holding back."

"I'd like that. So back to our original dilemma." He said smiling and he looked at me. "What should we do today?"

"Watch a movie?" I suggested.

"That is the lamest thing to do Ingrid." He snorted.

"Hey, I love movies." I pouted.

"Since when?" He asked. I wasn't into movies when we were kids. It's just that there are so many things to do besides sulk and watch the moving pictures on the TV. I rather be outside than to watch.

"Since you left me. I never got a partner in crime like you." I admitted. "And since it's your fault why I got into movies, I obliged you to do it with me."

"What?" he said as if he was disagreeing on the idea.

"It would be on the journal." I said smiling. "Oh wait. The journal." I left him on the couch and got my journal from my room. when I came back, he was sitting pretty on the couch with a bag of chips on hand.

I sat perpendicular to him and leaned my feet on his lap.

"Hey." He said. "What is this?" He asked.

"Well, I'm getting myself a bit comfortable." I said smiling. I opened the journal and scribbled a few things.

"Can I see that?" he asked. He took the notebook from my hand. "London, concert tickets, movie marathon?" he read. "Give me that pen." He took the pen from my hands and scribbled something on the journal. He gave it to me again and I read what he wrote.

He put a line on the word marathon and put 'every other week' and 'alphabetically with foods of the same letter'

"That is a great idea and your handwriting sucks" I told him. he took a mouthful of chips and looked at me and smiled.