Chapter 2

Chapter 2: "You dance secretly inside my heart where no one else can see."

We're not close; He doesn't even know I exist, but it doesn't stop me from feeling worried about him. I sighed and watched him as he strode into the law building. He was wearing this kind of aura that says you shouldn't mess with him.

"He looks fine.." Amber noted. "But looks even more intimidating than ever. Scary."

This is what his break up with Bianca has done to him. He doesn't show it; But I know deep inside that it broke him so bad. I don't even see his charming smile anymore. 

The instant Amber told me about the news, the first thing that I thought about was him; If he were okay. I was so worried about him that it prompted Amber to ask if I wasn't happy over the fact that the guy I've been crushing on is already free.

How could I be happy knowing that he's shattered?

"No, he's not fine."

Amber's forehead creased. "How could you tell? He doesn't look broken to me. Pareho pa rin naman yung routine niya. See, he has never even missed a single class since their break up, contrary to what we thought would happen. Matter of fact, mas naging maganda pa nga daw yung performance niya sa mga classes nila according sa source ko."

I shook my head. "His eyes can't lie." DJ has the most expressive light brown eyes I've ever seen.

The heavy feeling in my chest didn't get better. Dinala ko iyon kahit sa pagbisita ko kay Maya. And as perceptive as she is, quickly noticed that.

"Why do you feel bad about it? Chance mo na para makipaglapit sa kanya, ate."

I sighed. "Maya, it's not right to feel good over someone's pain."

She pursed her lips. "Naisip ko lang naman, ate, since wala na sila ng girlfriend niya baka pwede na kayo."

I smiled a bit and ruffled her hair. "Ikaw talaga."

I've been secretly in love with JD, but I never had an illusion about us. All I want is his happiness. 

I know that I should get on with my life

But a life lived without you

Could never be right

As long as the stars shine down

From the heaven

Long as the river run

To the sea

I'll never get over you

Gettin' over me

For some reason, there was this inexplicable force that was urging me to open my eyes and look at the audience. And I did, I found the reason; Sitting by the bar was DJ. I swallowed hard as my eyes was met by his cold light brown eyes.

I tried to smile so my hurt won't show

Tell everybody 

I was glad to see you go

But the tears just won't go away

Loneliness found me

Looks like it's here to stay