Chapter 8

3rd Person POV

After fighting with Fran. Shirou Kotomine and Caster of Red retreated back to the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. When they arrived, they saw Semiramis in the throne room, with a calm expression on her face.

Shirou: "Oh? Semiramis, did something happen while we were out?"

Semiramis: "Oh, nothing much. Annoying intruders and all were the only thing that happened."

Shirou: "Who exactly?"

Semiramis: "Rider of Black and the Lord of Flames. You could say I enjoyed my company with the Lord of Flames as he struggles to finish me, sadly. Even with all of those struggles, he still managed to beat me."

Shirou: "And yet here you stand with you fully healed. Why didn't he finish you off?"

Semiramis: "I have no clue as to why. Did you perhaps do something to Ruler?"

Shirou: "No, I never met her in battle."

Semiramis: "I see, though. I did rather get some mana powerful enough for us to use as a counter-attack."

Shirou: "Really now? I see, then we'll use it when the time comes, so save that mana energy and let us see how the battlefield plays out."

As they see on screen, the battle rages on. Mordred, Saber of Red, manages to kill Berserker of Black, Fran. Then began fighting with both Astolfo and then Sieg. She managed to kill Sieg. In his mindscape, Sieg looked around to see himself deep in a cave and a sword stabbed to the ground and none other than Siegfried. Siegfried tells Sieg about his past and his legend, after killing Fafnir the evil dragon to his death.

Siegfried: "I lived as a hero and I died as a hero. And I will never regret that."

Sieg: "But I don't understand. I mean, you fulfilled wishes until you died, I get that but... What about your own wish? Didn't you ever wish your dream would ever be granted?"

Siegfried: "That is true. As time passed, I could not think. Yes... If only I had a second chance at life but I had suddenly realized, my wish has already been granted. Now then, tell me what it is you wish for?"

After talking with Siegfried, Sieg manages to pull out the sword from the ground and then in the real world, as the dust clears. Sieg stands up proudly as Mordred was about to kill Astolfo. Both Mordred and Astolfo couldn't believe their eyes to see "Siegfried" standing there, Balmung in hand.

Mordred: "Hey, Master."

Shishigou: *Look, I can't-*

Mordred: "I need you to confirm... Saber of Black is supposed to be dead, right?"

Shishigou: *Should be, that's what happened at least that's what the Priest said.*

Mordred: "Okay, then who the hell is this Saber standing before me? No way... The homunculus?"

As Mordred got a closer look on "Siegfried" she then realized who it was. She got into her stance.

Shishigou: "What was that?"

Mordred: "The homunculus that I killed earlier. Turned into a Servant!"

Astolfo: "You're kidding... But how...?"

Sieg: "Are you alright? "

Astolfo: *blush* "Seriously...? You're such a big idiot..."

Shishigou: *Well, I didn't see that coming. But, this is a Grail War. Anything goes, I guess. However, your objective still hasn't changed.*

Mordred: "Understood. Time to chalk up one more."

She swings her sword and is ready for battle. The two of them clashed their blades. With them going toe-to-toe. And it seems that none of them are backing off or even losing. Mordred swings her sword one more time from above which Sieg defends himself by deflecting the sword.