Chapter 10

Okay, I'm going to retcon the name of Ephraim's younger brother for... Reasons

~~

3rd Person POV

As the bell towers, sounds all over the whole area. Jeanne D'Arc can be seen looking at some piles of woods all stacked up to the same way it replicates her execution by fire. On the "head" of the log was a note.

 On the "head" of the log was a note

Laeticia: "You knew... Thanks to a revelation, you knew you'd be betrayed and killed by those who betrayed by you, in spite of that. You continued to fight but for what reason?"

Jeanne: "Because I knew, that my death was not a meaningless one. I would gain nothing but at least there would hope."

Laeticia: "You don't hate anyone for what happened to you? Not even a little?"

Jeanne: "No, not at all. I hold no grudges. Even back then I chose to accept it, it was all part of God's will after all."

Laeticia; "I admire how strong you are..."

Jeanne: "Me? Strong? No, never. I was never strong to begin with. I only had the strength because of God and the friends I had... Even him..."

Laeticia: "So, you're strong now because he's also here?"

Jeanne: "I know that he is a different person with different memories but he still has that smile of his even back then. A resentful hate for war and among other things."

Laeticia: "I see, but what will happen? When this is all over?"

Jeanne: "Then I'll go back to the Throne of Heroes and he will find someone else to love."

Laeticia: "Holy Maiden Jeanne... Um... This is just a theory but what if he regains his memories of his past life? What will happen if he doesn't want to let you go? Not again like before?"

Jeanne: "Laeticia... If that does happen... If we somehow fully fuse our consciousness together, would you be happy about it?

After that, Jeanne woke up. She looked around the room today find that Ephraim was gone, as she got out of bed the door opened up to see Ephraim with a tray on his hand.

Ephraim: "Ah, you're finally awake."

Jeanne: "Ephraim? What is this?"

Ephraim: "It's breakfast in bed. Now stay there."

She did as she was told to and then Ephraim took out the spoon and feeds Jeanne.

Ephraim: "Say ahh."

Jeanne: *blush* "T-there's no need for that! Us Servants don't need to eat."

Ephraim: "It's fine. I want to thank you for last night... For sleeping with me. Um, not in that way. I just really want to thank you for watching over me."