Chapter 14

3rd Person POV

As the fight rages on both Ephraim and Karna continues to duel. Karna jumping to the air again and targets Ephraim. The Lord of the Sun then smirks as he fired three miniature suns at Karna causing the Lancer of Red to back off as he got hit by two out of three suns. Karna heals and then Ephraim didn't let him get away, he swings his sword vertically and Karna blocked the Flemberge with his lance. Then Karna punches Ephraim at the guts and took this chance to attack again. With consecutive punches, Ephraim backed off and tries to catch his breath but Karna didn't let him. This time, Karna launched his own attack at Ephraim. The Lord of the Sun blocked it and then fired another sunshine at him.

Karna: "I am truly impressed that you manage to last this long. Truly, your power can rival servants, still. It is a shame that the sun is not here and you are weak without the sun. So tell me, how are you still holding up?"

Ephraim: "Really now? Did you know? That the moon never really has its own light, instead. It uses the Sun's light to The moon shines because its surface reflects light from the sun. It means... I can do this all night."

Karna smirks and then the two of them continued their duel. Ephraim lunges his sword while at the same time Karna does the same with his lance. The two of their weapons deflect each other. The two smirks.

~~

Inside the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. The four of them -Shishigou, Mordred. Ren, and Jack the Ripper- split up. Both Ren and Jack the Ripper went to the left side while both Shishigou and Mordred took the right. As both Ren and Jack the Ripper walk, they encountered the skeleton that Ephraim killed before.

Ren: "Well, if it isn't Skeletor. Jackie?"

Jack the Ripper: "Okay!"

Jack the Ripper attacks the four armed skeleton named Skeletor while Ren gives her support by firing his own weapons and also casting his own magic. As for both Mordred and Shishigou. they can be seen walking without any enemies.

Shishigou: "It's huge, huh?"

Mordred: "Yeah, and extremely tacky, better be careful Master. I can already smell something foul at the other side of that door already."

Shishigou: "I think it's safe to assume that Assassin is furious at you for taunting her. You're going to take responsibility, right?"

Mordred: "Of course I am, it's always a fact that the Rebel is able to kill the King in the end, right?"

Shishigou: "I should have expected an answer like that."

Mordred: *chuckles* "Hey, when this battle is over. Why don't we have a feast? I think Ephraim owes us this much."

Shishigou: "Not a bad idea. Do you think they can serve one of their royal wine?"

Mordred started laughing.

Mordred: "You don't look like the type to enjoy wine, Master."  

Shishigou: "When we're there, I'm going to say... Bring the best one you have and you better hurry up if you don't want to feel the wrath of the king. Right?"

Mordred: "Are you making people think I'm the king of drunks or something? 

The two of them laugh at their jokes. Mordred stopped laughing first and her smiling face turned into a serious one.  

Mordred: "You know what? I always thought of ruling as king and yet... I'm still figuring out how to be a good one. I'm starting to think I'll never know."

Shishigou: "If anything. You figured it out a while ago, I bet the answer is right in front of you all this time."

Mordred: "What are you talking about?"