Storms and Fires Part 1

(POV:Reader)

-"You are a princess dear, it's your role, your job if you want to put it that way" Grimsby tried to talk about it but Eric waved him off knowing it would only upset me.

-"The entire kingdom will suffer if we don't get a marriage alliance"

-"The kingdom is fine, healthy and wealthy, it has no need for an alliance" Eric replied and hugged me while messing up my hair.

-"Hey!" I was annoyed by his bad habit of doing this.

-"Come on let's celebrate her birthday before a storm hits" Eric stated sarcastically, but thunder roared making his once sarcastic comment realistic.

Everyone rushed to tie the sails, yelling commands to prepare the ship for the storm that waited up ahead. The loud noises of thunder scared me, causing me to jump closer to Eric's side.

-"Still have that fear, little sis?" he teased, I would have smacked him but my hands were occupied covering my ears to minimize the sound.

More commands were yelled, at one point Eric knew he had to go help so he sent Grimsby and I to the main office room. I sat on the floor hugging my knees trying to distract myself from the sound. I hated myself for being afraid of such a silly thing as 'loud sounds' but it was the way things were. There was nothing I could do about it.

-"It'll pass dear, you know your mother may have not been afraid of loud sounds but thunderstorms scared her"

-"Really?"

-"Yes, she wasn't afraid of anything, clowns, sharks, monsters under the bed, anything. Except thunderstorms, it was funny to see such a brave girl cower at the sight of thunderstorms"

-"She'd run to her room hiding underneath the covers with all the lights off, afraid that light would attract them even more"

I laughed quietly but covered my ears quickly when the loud crackling of thunder roared through the sky.

-"It's best if I go out there to help, will you be alright if you stay by yourself" I nodded softly and he left to go help.

Time had passed by slowly, the cracking of thunder got louder, the waves crashing against the boat and surprisingly the voices of the crew had quieted down. I peeked out the small window and saw the sails burning, and to make matters worse the door got stuck. My best guess was that something had blocked the door, probably due to the water coming in and moving things.

I tried pushing the door open, slamming my shoulder into it to get it opened, but it was really stuck. I peeked out the small window again and the flames of the burning sails had caught onto the boat, burning everything in its way.

-"Help! Please! Eric! Grimsby! Help me please!" I yelled, slamming my fists against the door.

I peeked out the window again, Eric's silhouette could be seen trying to come near me but the flames had blocked his path. 'Great! I'm gonna die because the door got stuck,' I thought to myself and tried opening the door again but it was really stuck.

(A/N):

Okay, really early release because I'm gonna be really busy. Sorry for leaving you on a kinda (not really) cliffhanger. 

I started on the Christmas story, I'm not gonna tell you what movie it is but at least you know it's coming. It'll most likely be released on the 19th so that the last chapter will be on the 25th, more or less. There will also be multiple chapter's per day depending on how many I write in total.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Bye!