P r o l o g u e

Prologue.

~*~

Mia's POV:

I was drowning.

Water was surrounding my every being. The rushing of waves. The blood coursing through my veins. Every inch of water surrounding me, consuming me.

With a gasp, I awoke from the surreal dream.

What was that? Why was it so vivid?

Stumbling out of my plush bed, I slowly tipped towards my bathroom. Taking in my brown hair and bright blue eyes.

Wait, blue eyes!?!

I gasped and looked closely into the mirror. Ocean blue eyes looked closely at my face, taking in every inch. The color of the bluest of blues. The unique pigments detailing them to the brink of water.

I don't understand. My eyes are brown. Always have been and still should be.

A nice chocolate brown. The nice supple color complementing my every turn.

Blinking away the drowsiness, I stared at them once more. Still blue. My irises hightening at the twinkle of confusion.

What happened to me?

"Mia! Let's go. I need to drive you to school before work!" My older sister, Genna, yelled from behind my door.

My blue eyes widened. I ran to my shower and took a quick one. Grabbing a towel, I ran to my closet and changed into a pair of black leather leggings, a gray knit sweater, and a pair of light brown detailed boots. Running out I grabbed a pair of black sunglasses, my phone, and my bag. Finally able to depart my room with a few minutes to spare.

Genna was waiting for me downstairs in her vintage black suit, staring at her phone. Genna was the only thing I had close to a mother figure. Being only 23, she has taken the role of a parental figure since our parents died when I was three. Being moved from Foster home to Foster home was not my cup of tea. But once Genna turned eighteen, the first thing she did was take me away from there. Seven years apart from each other, we are still as close as you can get.

"There you are. We need to go. What's up with the sunglasses?" She asked scrunching her eyebrows, a thing she does when confused.

"Um. I just thought...they would go with my outfit. You know, that one missing thing." I said hoping she believed the lie.

"Okay...I'm not going to push it. I remember how weird I was at sixteen." She said laughing.

I scowled at her, "Rude much."

"Hey, being weird is amazing. Embrace the weirdness." She said guiding me out of the house.

Embrace the weirdness.

Who knew those words would help me through the rest of my days.

~*~

Here's the prologue of The Saviors. I can't wait to finish the rest of this story.

Mia's outfit to the side.

Thank you for reading!

Don't be a silent reader!

I am currently editing, finishing, and re-publishing this story so I'm sorry if chapters come out at a slow rate (don't they always, I'm terrible at this) Or if a chapter you want to reread disappears

Thank you for your patience.

Grace x