8

A Bit of Change.

~*~

Mia's POV:

Walking into the mall we went straight towards the beauty salon, when truthfully we should've gone to the food court.

Man, I wanted a soft pretzel. I really wanted one.

Upon entering the beauty salon, the smell of nail polish and burnt hair dwarfed itself up my nostrils filling it to the brim. Mary starting choking because of the unhealthy air.

Thank God I don't control air.

"Hello, how can I help you girls?" A lady, Jasmine, behind the counter asked.

"My girls are going to get something different. Anything." Genna replied pointing towards us.

"Okay this way please." Jasmine said guiding us to some chairs, while the hairstylists set to work.

"What would you like?" A guy asked me in a posh tone.

Huh, what would I like?

Looking around the salon, I took in the different styles. The different colors. Blonde hit my eye as I was looking through.

Blonde and blue eyed. Makes people the least suspicious. But it also makes too much sense. Hmm...highlights?

"Can you give me blonde highlights?" I asked him through the mirror, finding out his name was Roger.

"Hmm...highlights darling? I feel like lowlights would be better. It would showcase those beautiful blue eyes." Roger said looking at me.

"I guess you're right. Sure, lowlights." I agreed as Roger turned my chair around and washed my hair.

The water slipped in and mixed with shampoo changing the smell from strawberries to roses. Scrunching my nose, I shrugged.

I guess it's okay for now.

Roger finished by putting rose conditioner to make my already soft hair softer, if that's even possible. Sitting me up he turned me towards the mirror, so I would be able to watch him work.

"I don't want you to get bored darling." He said smiling as he went to get the blonde concoction.

Coming back with gloves on his hands, he grabbed a brush and applied the dark blonde to the ends of my hair. The strange feeling and even stranger smell consumed my senses. The gray paste slathering over my natural brown hair changing it for the better. When finished he let it sit for a few moments, before spinning me around once more and rinsing it out.

Once rinsed, I took in the subtle light brown color. The nice natural looking color that changed my whole persona. Coming down to my chest, the blonde lowlights made my ocean blue eyes pop signaling that this was a good choice. Not too much, but not too little.

"I'm going to trim the split ends" Roger said startling me with the gleam of scissors.

I momentarily relaxed, until I saw bits and pieces of my new mixed locks falling to the floor.

Trim, that's a trim??

I looked back into the mirror and saw it wasn't as bad as it seemed. My brown hair still reached my my stomach, not loosing it's length in the slightest. I closed my eyes as I felt a cold mist being sprayed through my hair and being mixed in. The straight strands changing shape. What was once straight was now wavy and messy, in a good way.