Prologue

"A power greater than even that of the Six, purifying all by the Light of the Crystal and the glaives of rulers past. Only at the throne can the Chosen receive it, and only at the cost of a life: his own," Bahamut, the Draconian, said as the first Oracle, Aera Mirus Fleuret, watched the prophecy play out in the Crystal's reflection. "The King of Kings shall be granted the power to banish the darkness, but the blood price must be paid. To cast out the Usurper and usher in dawn's light will cost the life of the Oracle of Night. Many sacrifice all for the King and Oracle; so must the King and Oracle sacrifice themselves for all."

The first Oracle watched as the Gods showed her the fall of her beloved, the life of his turning from that of helping others to that of helping his own selfish desires grow as two millennia passed, the kingdom of Lucis growing and the Fall of it, all caused by the one she loved infusing daemons with machines. Among the many flashes of what was to come, she saw the 113th son of Lucis born, chosen to be the savior of the world. She saw her own descendant bear children, children that would be chosen by the gods to fix the havoc caused by the two brothers in her lifetime. The oldest of her descendants would die, giving their lives for the chosen king, the youngest of her heirs never knowing the truth about who they really were, only that their fates led them in separate directions. 

M.E. 731

Four years after the birth of the eldest son of Tenebrae, the Queen, Sylva Via Fleuret, gave birth to her daughter, Lunafreya, the people rejoicing as the daughter's fate had already been foretold. The queen's younger sister grew jealous of her sister, for the limelight that the queen stood in, eventually leading to the disappearance of the princess. Rena Via Fleuret fled to the nearby city of Accordo, taking refuge in the Secretary's estate in Altissia for the next few years, until such time that news would spread across the nations that Aulea Lucis Caelum, King Regis's bride beared the first-born son of Lucis, causing her to seek solace in the Crown City.

M.E. 735

The 113th heir of the Lucis throne had been born to King Regis and Queen Aulea Lucis Caelum, the news spreading far and wide as the people of Lucis were overjoyed to hear of the health of son that would one day be king when Regis gave up his throne. That joy didn't last long when news regarding Aulea had been announced across the nations. Heartbroken, Regis did what he could to raise his only son the best he could. Princess Rena, having traveled far from Altissia to aid her dear friend, bowed before her king with condolences.

"My dear King, forgive me for speaking on such short notice," Rena said, kneeling before Regis, dressed in an outfit befitting a rogue, her golden locks tied back resembling a hairstyle a Viking would wear. "I wish to offer my condolences regarding the news of your wife, I know that she was your childhood friend before she was your wife." Regis said nothing, his head hung low with grief as Rena spoke. He couldn't find the right words to say, not when his heart wanted to curse the gods he watched over since the late King Mors had died. Rena stood, looking at her friend, slowly ascending the staircase that led up to the throne. "Regis, I know your heart aches for her. You need not hide your pain. My only wish, as your friend, is to be here for you."

Six months following the death of Regis's first wife, Regis was to be wed to Rena, the marriage remaining between them and the guards that watched over the kingdom. Little did anyone know, the newlywed Queen Rena was expecting, Regis not wanting to let his unborn child be born out of wedlock.

M.E. 736

At the hospital, near the Citadel, Rena had gone into labor, Regis not at her side yet. Contractions seemed to worsen as her hand maids attempted to ease her misery until Regis was able to arrive. Soon, the young king rushed into the room and took his wife's hand in his, apologizing for his tardiness.

"How are you feeling, my dear?" Regis asked, soon placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Wishing I was ready to have the child soon," Rena responded with a bit of a laugh to get her mind of the future that was quickly nearing for her. She knew that it had been over a year since the death of his first wife, Rena not wanting to leave him so soon, the only one that loved her for her, not for the life she had lived before Lucis.

After hours of being in labor, Rena had finally given birth to a set of a twins, the oldest being a daughter, her head already full of sable colored hair and bright blue eyes seeming like the product of him and Aulea. The youngest being a son, looking more like his mother with his blond hair and dark blue eyes. The two children were precious and in need of protection for the rest of their lives, the king's attention quickly drawn to his dying wife as the twins were carefully escorted out of the room to be cleaned up.

"Rena?!" Regis asked, worried for his wife, taking her hand in his again.

"Separate the children, don't let them know who they are, it'll be far too dangerous for them any other way," Rena said, her voice weak. "Keep our daughter in Lucis, allow her to grow up as Noctis's sister, and send our son to Tenebrae. Let my sister know that he should never know the truth of his lineage, as requested from me." Regis couldn't believe what his wife was saying. Separate the twins? Make them believe that their lineage is different than it truly is? Little did he know that the twins were special. Very special.