2. Her enemy

"Aunt Mia. I'm back." Cecilia shouts as soon as the door to Smith family house opens.

"Oh! My dear. What a pleasent surprise!" Mia exclaims with a huge smile plaster on her face.

One might feel strange to see Mia Smith's smile towards Cecilia as she have never smile so affectionately towards her daughter Crystal who needs her kind words.

"Aunt! Hug." Cecilia acts spoil and spread her arms while pouting at Mia.

"Aww my good child." Mia pulls Cecilia into a hug and pats her back affectionately with a doting look.

'If only Crystal is as good as Celicia then....no she can't be good. She is just a headache.' Mia thinks on her mind with a daze look.

"Aunt. Your Cecilia misses you a lot." Cecilia pulls away and grabs Mia hand.

"Not much than your aunt. And come inside. We don't want the neighbors to hear us, do we?" Mia tugs Cecilia's hand and pulls her inisde.

Then she closes the door and walk away to the living room along with Cecilia who has her hand wrap on her arm.

If others happen to see this scene then they will think of them as mother and daughter as since the moment they have met sweetness has burst out.

If only they are real daughter and mother. Alas, Cecilia cannot be more than Mia's best friends daughter as her son is dying and no sane people will wed their daughter to a lifeless person.

"How have you been? Took you long time to come back." Mia asks once they are settled on the sofa.

"I was doing okay. If not for my mom then I would have not gone away. I just can't get used to living away from you guys. This place is my birth place and I'm used to being around you guys so it's hard to live alone in the strange city." Cecilia let out a sigh and looks up at the ceiling.

Her words wipe away the smile Mia has and Mia takes Cecilia's hand on hers which makes Cecilia to look at Mia.

"Aunt. Can't you talk to my mom and tell her to let me stay here? I miss you, uncle, brother Luca an-" Mia interrupts Cecilia from saying further.

"No. You cannot stay in this old town. You have your life ahead and you will surely meet a good man and starts your family with him. Don't ruin your future by your own hands." Mia tries to reson out.

"It is impossible Aunt." Cecilia raises her voice sounding frustrated and looks down at their hands which was on Mia's lap.

"How come it impossible, Cecilia? You are the only child of your mother. You have been obedient since childhood unlike certain someone." Mia scrunches her face when says the last sentence.

"I a-" Cecilia is about to say something when the door opens and in comes Crystal who when sees Cecilia halts on her step.

The front door is next to living room and the sofa faces the front door which makes it hard for Crystal to hide her presence.

"Shoot." Crystal cusses in her mind and clenches her fist.

Earlier when she had heard those Aunt talking about Cecilia, she had thought that she will have some time to make up her mind but no, her worst enemy is sitting in her home like she own it.

Today is colder than others day so she has close the store earlier than her usual time as there were no customers and she needed to have some alone time but tonight is going to be a long night.

"Hey. What are you doing there? Bring some snacks and drinks for Cecilia." Mia orders as she sees Crystal standing near the close door.

She does not bother to ask her why she has come early neither welcome her back but tells her to serve her guest.

"Aunt. It's alright. Crystal must be tried from serving the customers. I will just go home after spending some time with you." Cecilia denies to have snack and says that she cares about Crystal.

"Oh! My sweetheart." Mia swoons after hearing Cecilia's kind word and beams with happiness while totally ignoring her daughter who look tire.

When this scene falls in Crystal's eyes her face remain emotionless and the longing for the motherly love which was in teen Crystal's heart was nowhere to be seen.

A bitter smiles crept on Crystal face as she sees the woman who had carry her for nine months in her womb smiling dotingly at another woman's daughter. Once she had long for her parents love but no more, she now knows how to live alone.

If not for the wish to meet him then she would have ran away from this place which is her hometown.

Five years.

She has endure it for that long and now she has to hold on for a week at most. Today is 22nd December and it's almost over so she just need to stay calm for two more days.

"Crystal!" Cecilia cries when she sees Crystal walking towards the staircase.

"Why are you running away from me? Come here. I have brought gifts for you guys." Cecilia smiles like an angel while hiding her evil nature.

She can fool others with her innocent smile but Crystal who was once close to her knows the meaning behind that smile.

It says: Come and get along with me. Let's forget about our past and patch up.

But how can Crystal forget the things that had happen five years ago. If not for Cecilia then she would have achieved her dream.

It was her who had encouraged her to go to the audition and later she was the one who revealed her plan to her mother which resulted in the failure of her life.

And that was not enough, Cecilia put all the blame of her brother's sickness on her. Her parents didn't like her much and when her brother who had gone out to look for her during that night got hit by a car which cause him to be in vegetative state.

And later on the hereditary disease caught him and made it impossible for him to wake up. Somehow, Crystal was at fault but Cecilia turn her parents against her.

Crystal had known that Cecilia loves her brother and was soon going to confess her love but Cecilia did not get the chance as Luca had the accident.

And somewhere Cecilia herself is at fault but she, who only thinks about herself cannot know about others struggle.

Now Crystal only hopes for the Christmas to come and bring either happiness or sadness. She has make up her mind to embrace anything.

°~°~°~°
How was the chapter? Please comment down your thoughts and like and follow if you are enjoying it. Also, thank you so much for reading and pressing the like button.