6.Family Home

"Here. Slowly open your mouth." The doctor instruct Crystal while placing his hand on her chin.

Today is Crystal's last appointment and she hopes for the best. Bruce has really booked the appointment in the cities best hospital where Dr. Bowman, the specialist examines her.

After coming here four times, she has slowly recovered her voice and now this examination will tell her whether she will get her original voice back or not.

Even though she hadn't lost her voice in that accident that happened years ago, due to suppressing her voice for 5 years or so, she has difficulty forming words. Her throat aches while speaking a few words in a series and had to be on medication.

Sadly, she had been diagnosed with depression due to the suppression of her inner thoughts and the non-verbal abuse of her parents which is also gradually fading after having treatment with the psychiatrist.

"Your throat has been healed. No need to take further medicine but let's hear you speak." Dr. Bowman releases his hand which was holding Crystal's chin and sat down on his chair.

"Hello! Dr. Bo-b-Bowm-an." Crystal voice out slowly with difficulty while speaking out the last word.

"Very good. Now slowly continue speaking." Dr. Bowman encourages her to speak more and withstanding the burning pain in her throat, Crystal slowly opens her mouth.

"Tha-nk you Dr. Bowman for helping me heal my thr-oat." Crystal finally speaks out the words in series with little bit of difficulty and a beautiful smile graced on her face.

Yes, I can finally speak properly and express myself clearly.

Crystal tells her inner self and Dr. Bowman smiles with a shake off his head.

"No need to thank me. You're the brave one who has never given up. If only every patient will be like you." Dr. Bowman sighs in disappointment.

"Tsk.tsk. How come we get patient like Crystal in our day to day life? She is a fighter who has fight against herself. I'm so happy for you Crystal." Maria, who has come with Crystal, says sounding extremely proud and squeezes Crystal's shoulder with you-got-it girl look.

"Yeah. You're a true fighter." Dr. Browman nods in appreciation and prepares her prescription.

"You don't need to take medicines but you can only slowly practice signing. Don't hurry up. Let it come slowly." Dr. Bowman advises and Crystal nods her head in approval.

"She surely will." Maria holds Crystal hand and assures the doctor that Crystal will not practice signing.

"It's good then. You can come over if you have any difficulties. For now you're good to go." The doctor continues with a smile plastered on his face.

"Thank you." Crystal thank him from the bottom of her heart and gets out the examination room along with Maria.

"Thank you Aunt Maria." Crystal holds Maria's hand and expresses her gratefulness.

"I accept it for this time but you don't need to thank me, its what I have agreed upon." Mary scrunches her nose and acts as if she is angry with a doting smile plaster on her face.

Crystal nods with a hearty laugh and Mary too smiles being infected by her. They continue walking hand in hand with a bright smile plaster on their face.

"Oh! I had to do grocery shopping." Mary exclaims while patting her forehead and they both stops on their track at the gate of the parking lot.

Crystal does not understand why she needs to go grocery shopping when there is already shop where live, so she look aside at Mary who also look at her at the same time.

"Willy is coming tonight for dinner. I need to buy Chinese cabbage." She sighs thinking about her husband who has certain preferences for food.

"Oh." Crystal makes o shape and nods in understanding.

"Lets hurry. The market will be crowded soon." Mary urges while walking towards the car parked at in the front.

"How does it go?" A male voice sounds as they stops in front of the car door.

"Great. We don't need to visit the hospital frequently." Mary answers with a bright smile looking at the man sitting in the drivers sit.

"Crystal's throat is heal. She can speak more clearly with little difficulty." She continues pulling open the car door and motions to Crystal to go inside.

"Its good then. Congrats Crystal." The man turns around and express the words with great joy.

"Thank you Liam." Crystal thanks him voicing out those words without any difficulty and Liam let out a hearty laugh.

"Why are you being excited? Drive to the nearest grocery store." Mary says once she settles down inside the car and sees Liam still busy laughing.

"Haha. I am excited cause Crystal has finally recover her voice. Brother will be happy to hear it but...." He trails off letting out a sigh and turns back to the front looking disappointed.

The atmosphere suddenly becomes tense and the smile fades away from Crystal's face.

Liam is right. She still needs to wait.

"He will know soon. And why are you sighing like an old man?" Mary snorts sounding angry to ease the tense atmosphere.

Crystal has smile so brightly for the second time since she has met her and she does not want Crystal to be sad. Young woman should smile more to bring positivity in their life, not like the old woman like her.

"What nonsense are you sprouting Aunt Mary? I am only 28 and needs to marry a beautiful woman." Liam shouts energetically with a shake of his head.

"Oh God! 28 is not old then what is?" Aunt Mary dramatically exclaims making Crystal to laugh out loud and the trios laughter sounds inside the car.

"Enough laughter ladies. Now sit tight. Your young Liam will take you to your destination. " Liam tries to act cute but fails miserably and laughing they drive away from the hospital's parking lot.

A country music plays inside the car and the trio dwells in their own thoughts. Crystal looks outside the passing scenery through the car window and half an hour later they stops by the grocery shop.

Aunt Mary stops Liam and Crystal from getting off the car and after waiting for 15 minutes Mary joins them. Liam hurriedly helps her settle the bags and then he starts the car.

After 2 hour ride, the car halts at the checkpoint where Liam shows the ID card through the car windows and a man at the post verifies it by scanning it with a scanner. After verifying, the car enters inside the roadway where family home is written at the sign board place on the side of the pathway.