1. The Wish

Crystal Lilly frowns as she hears the argument her parents are having in the early morning. She knows that they are afraid of losing their son who is her elder brother but how come her father cannot accept the reality.

Her brother, Luca is dying and nothing can change that fact. They have tried every medical treatment but her brother does not have any improvement.

His lifeless body is laying on the bed with machines attached to check his vital and all but the doctor has already given up. Only a miracle can save him. Her grandfather had died of that disease and now her brother is going through the same.

Balme it on their genetic that the younger generation has to suffer. And Crystal knows that her parents are sad because they will lose their only competent child.

She on other hand is the embarrassment to them and no matter what, she will always be the least loved child. She is familiar with the bitter truth of her parents giving priority to son rather than daughter.

".... Oh my good son." She hears her mother's cries as she passes by their bedroom and quicken her pace as not to see their grim face.

"Phew. That was close." She exhales air through her lungs once she has walk out the main door and leans her back against it while patting her chest with those words in her mind.

Some people might find her weird seeing her hurriedly walking away without greeting her parents but who wants to listen to their harsh words first thing in the morning.

The cool wind brushes her skin and hiding her displease face she walks down the small stairs. The store is 5 minutes away from their house so she walks toward the small main gate and get out of the stuffy house.

She is 20 years old this year and it has been five years since she has last hear her voice. But she is not desperate to speak and can wait for him.

Him. Aaron Knight, who like a knight in shining armour save her from the fate of death. The memory is still fresh on her mind and whenever she feels like giving up, his words play on her mind.

"Wish in Christmas for us to meet again." With that last word they had parted away and other than his name she knows nothing about him.

Since childhood, Crystal loves to sing and whenever she is down she mumble the song and cheer herself up. Her parents on the other hand were against her hobby which she had wanted to turn into the profession.

Bruce, her father beats her up whenever she sings rather than doing her homework and she was forbidden to partake in singing competition or event like that.

Mia, her mother neither supported her nor berated her father and kept her mouth shut. She is a good mother but to their son only, towards their daughter they are heartless.

If Luca wants to eat mango then everyone will eat it till he is satisfies, if he wants imported pen then her father will buy it even when it costs more than their tiffin fee for a week.

She is their daughter but at the same time she is invisible. Nobody cares about her so she too does not bother them.

And thinking like that her fifteen year self had filled the contestant form for a singing competition behind her parents back with the help of her then close friend who is now close as enemy which had turn her against her parents.

"Good morning Crystal." Mr. Brooks, the oldy with rabbit teeth greets which pull her away from her thoughts.

"Morning Mr. Brooks." She types the words on her mobile and shows it to the oldy with a small smile plaster on her face.

"Aren't you late?" The oldy asks while glancing at his antique wristwatch which is working miraculously.

"Five minutes. Didn't want to leave the warm bed." She types the whole words in a minute and shows the mobile screen to the other party.

Typing has been her bestie and she can now type without looking at the screen. Those five years were hard to pass by and she had face a lot of troubles but still, she is living with a hope of meeting him again.

And most importantly Christmas is approaching and the town has been bustling with kids signing Christmas song. Some even have started to decorate the Christmas tree and are making list of gifts they want to receive from Santa.

Then Crystal and Mr. Brooks reach the grocery store.

"Oh. People are already waiting." Mr. Brooks says as he sees people queueing in front of the store.

"Crystal!" A middle-age woman calls looking displease as soon as she sees Crystal walking towards the store.

"Why were you late? I forgot to buy sugar yesterday and now you made me wait. Your uncle is going to scold me." Rina, their neighbor says while urging Crystal to open the store.

Seeing the owner, the people who were looking impatient settle down and enter inside once the store is open.

Crystal let them be and sit down on the chair behind the check out counter. She has just sit down when costumer comes to pay and her busy schedule starts.

One by one everyone comes to pay for their item and around 8 in the morning, she gets time to drink the coffee which is deliver by the delivery boy from the Cafe in front of the grocery store.

She sips the warm coffee and nibbles on the cookie she had bake yesterday. This two things lighten her mood and she feels energetic to spend her rest of her day while sitting on the chair.

"Hey! Have you heard about Cecilia?" Crystal hears one of the aunt ask another aunt.

They are both her daily customers and those women frequently visit the store together.

"What about her?" The other aunt asks not seeing the gossip mood of her companion.

"She is back in town." The two walks further away from Crystal's hearing range and those words create havoc in Crystal's mind.

Cecilia, her enemy is back in town.