5. Him

"You can speak?!" As soon as Crystal turns around she hears this malacious words and the happiness which has taken place after hearing that shout fades away.

"Crystal!" Cecilia screams while glaring with hatred which attracts everyone's attention.

"You cannot leave this town. Crystal you belong here. Only here." Cecilia continues while screaming at the top of her lungs.

"Everyone listen to me. This girl is the cause for my heartbreak. Because of her, her own brother suffer from the accident and is now fighting with his death. She is the reason for the pain we have gone through. She cannot be happy. She must repent for t-" Cecilia words gets cut off by another loud voice.

"Cecilia! Stop. Let her go." Bruce who has just get off his car yells while glaring at Cecilia.

"Uncle, she can't leave. Sh-"

"Cecilia, my good child just stop." Mia who has come with Bruce cries out while running towards Cecilia.

"Aunt. You too." Cecilia says with disappointment and shakes off Mia's hand from her arm.

"YOU." Cecilia says through gritted teeth and points her finger at Crystal with a harsh look.

"You should be the one to suffer from that incurable disease not my brother Luca. If only you hadn't gone to that bloddy audition then bro-" Celicia does not get to finish her sentence as Bruce pushes her towards Mia.

"Take her back." He shouts at Mia who somehow manage to avoid the fall from the sudden push and drags Cecilia to the car park behind them.

But Cecilia who looks like an insane woman is not easy to take back to the car. She remains rooted on her spot and opens her mouth but gets cut off.

"Shut up. You don't have any right to say things to my daughter. The past has already passed so lets not dwell on it. Your mother is looking for you Cecilia. Go back home." Bruce tries to put some sense on the girl with whom he had spoken nicely than his own daughter.

"Cecilia. Listen to your uncle. Get inside the car and wait for us to come.
We will come after sending Crystal away." Mia pushes Cecilia to walk back and turns towards her daughter.

"Hey! The bus is leaving." The driver shouts popping his head out of the window and Mia grabs Crystal's hand looking anxious.

"Please give us a minute." Mia shouts back with a pleading look and the driver nods his head urging them to hurry up.

"Crystal my child. I'm sorry. All these years I scorn you and called you names. Please forgive your mother. God has us given us such a lovely child but we...I realize my mistake and feel ashamed of myself." Mia apologizes with a guiltily face and tears fall out of her eyes.

"Crystal Lilly Smith." Bruce, her father calls her full name for the first time and stands beside her.

"We are sorry Crystal. Your parents are shameful to treat you like you were someone else child. It's just the love for the male child made us blind and we ignored our other child." Bruce speaks looking extremely guilty and his words makes Crystal to cry out loud.

She has never shed tears when they have ignore her but now when she hears their apology the invisible wall that she had created over the years crumbles down and she looks miserable.

"It was selfishness of mine to stop you from doing the things which makes you happy but now I want to repent. I have booked the appointment at the best hospital in the city. You must go for the checkup and fulfill the dream you had wanted to achieve. You have suffered enough but no more." Bruce raises his hand to pat his daughter's head but stops midway after seeing her innocent eyes.

'How come I be blinded? I couldn't separate right from wrong.' Bruce berates himself in his mind.

"Don't cry Crystal. Remember to come back once your anger has quell. Now go." Mia wipes her daughter's tear and looks at her face which is 90% similar to her for the last time.

Once Crystal left she may not come back and the one to blame is she and her husband. They cannot change the past but the remaining future can be made better.

The instance Rina condemn them for being the bad parents, Bruce and Mia recalls their behavior and realizes their grave mistakes. Both husband and wife had a hunch that their son have that incurable genetic disease so they took best care of him.

But in doing so they neglected their other child and hurt her to point of no return. They treasure their son fearing he will leave them soon but the one who will be with them forever got mistreated.

They were not intentional but over years their mindset got worst and worst, causing the situation like today to happen. And they fail to become a good parents and a good human.

A good human will never mistreats other and they have mistreated their own blood, their only daughter. There is no medicine for the heart breaks and they can hope for the time to heal it slowly, if only they get time.

"Ba....ba." Crystal whispers putting force on her thoart and Bruce, who has never cried since he has become adult wet his eyes.

This moment overlaps with the memory of the time when Crystal has spoken her first word and more tears fall from his eyes. It's been five years since his daughter has last spoken and she has call for him.

"Crystal." Bruce cannot help but pull her in his embrace.

For the first time in many years, he hugs his daughter affectionately and he wants to scold his foolish self.

"Ah...our Crystal can speak again." Mia cries out in surprise and joins the father and daughter hug.

Beep. Beep.

The impatient driver presses the horn and ignites the engine. He has waited more than stated time and other passengers are urging him to drive away.

"Crystal, take care." They pull away and Mia holds her daughter's free hand with a doting look.

Looking at her mother's face, Crystal nods her head and with a glance at her parents she turns back to get inside the bus. But.....

"Hehe....Crystal, you cannot go away." The crazy Cecilia lunges at Crystal with a swift knife in her hand while aiming at Crystal's old injury.

"Die." Cecilia screams putting force on her hand and everything happens suddenly that the others remains forzen in their spot.

Crystal looks with wide eyes at the crazy Cecilia and waits to feel pain but it does not come as in a flash a hand grabs Cecilia's hand and stops her evil action.

Clank.

The knife lands on the ground follow by its owner. Cecilia's hysteric cries brings everyone to reality and Crystal looks at her savior who is none other than Aaron Knight.

"Aa-ro-n." Crystal voices out with difficulty and smiles when she sees him, her knight smiling back at her.

Finally, she meet him again. Her Christmas Wish gets fulfill.

*. *. *. *. *

This is the end. How is the story? Thanks for sticking out till the end and please like, follow and comment if you like this story.