8. His return

After staring at each other for a few seconds, Crystal lowers her lashes and stares at her fingers placed on her lap.

Aaron too looks down at her shy face and with a twitch of his lips, he turns aside and bends down his body while squeezing out the ointment from the tube of a medicine.

He then applies it on his toe without change of his expression and Crystal glances at him with the corner of her eyes.

"Sorry." She voices out as if feeling guilty and the next second Aaron raises his head looking at her.

Getting startle with the sudden attention, Crystal looks away with a blush on her beautiful face. Her hazel orbs gazes down at her toes and looking at her childdish action a smile garce Aaron's cold face without his notice.

"How was your doctor's appointment?" He asks while closing the tube containing the medicine and wipes his hand with the wet tissue place on the top of the table.

"My tho-thoart has he-al." She answers looking at his movements.

"That's great. Congratulations." He smiles turning his head to look at her and Crystal feels immense pleasure looking at the person in front of her.

"Thank you so much wit-hou-." She is speaking but Aaron cuts her off.

"Your the one who has made it through. You are a brave girl Crystal." He says in appreciation and praises her like he does to his subordinates.

"Woman." She says making Aaron baffle and a second latter he frowns as if understanding her words.

"Oh! Yeah. Brave woman." He voices out with a teasing look staring at Crystal and she stands up holding the first-aid.

"But I can't sing for time being." She sighs looking sad and distraught while tightly holding the first-aid box handle.

"You can slowly practice singing." Aaron tries to cheer her up and motivate her to never give up.

"Also, you can write songs in the mean time." He continues rasing a brow at Crystal.

"You believe in me?!" Crystal asks after taking in his facial expressions feeling warm and sad at the same time.

Bruce had always stopped her form singing and her good for nothing mother didn't care about her. As far as she could remember, only an aunt, her dad's sister had care about her during her childhood.

Unfortunately, she was nowhere to be seen as she reaches her teenage. She couldn't quite remember how she disappear or where she went but her last words still rang on her mind.

"Sing. We will meet once you become a star."

Those words kept ringing on her mind whenever Bruce would admonished her whenever he would find her humming a tune and sang following the lyrics while the song was palying on the TV.

It's surprising that Crystal can sing so well that once a producer from the city who had gone to visit one of his old friends accidentally heard her sing to the children in the orphanage and offered her to come to the audition on the stated date but she couldn't meet the deadline.

And she didn't know why Bruce was so against her about being a singer. But now she doesn't have to know even if he wants to tell her. She is living a brand new life away from the not so good parents of her and the town she was born in.

"Yes." Aaron says without any hesitation looking staright into her eyes.

His words made her heart race and her crush on him deppens each passing second. It was hard enough living in the same roof with the person you had been wholeheartedly waiting to meet for 5 fucking years and his actions intentionally or not made her feel special.

No.

Crystal internally mutters trying to dismiss those thoughts.

"He is your savoir. Your kinght in shining armor." She tries to make sense to her abnormal thoughts and harden her heart.

"You should never give up Crystal. I will always be there for you." He continues making her almost fall down on the fall if not for her timely rational thoughts of 'her savior saying words of encouragement'.

"Thank you for everything. I will repay you with everything I can do." She promises making Aaron to galnce at her stubborn look which says I-will-definitely-do-it and nods his head in response.

"Crystal, you don't have to feel burden to live here. I am away most of the time and you can stay until you feel good here."

Aaron, who has been alone for most of his life feels a different kind of emotion after having another party standing beside him in his personal space, his home, the house which carries his childhood when his parents were around.

But that feeling doesn't seem bad yet it made me feel excited. He couldn't figure out why he took in the woman who had run away from his hometown that too on his home.

Three months ago, the aircraft he was on was under attack and it landed down on the forest near the Trixity town. Fortunately, the fellow soldiers were slightly wounded and took refugee on the village.

Latter under the reminder of Noah, his good friend and the team mates, he drove to the Trixity town on the Christmas night and saw Crystal about to be attacked by Cecilia.

His fast reflex stopped the crime from happening and Crystal's relaxing smile entered his eyes making him frown at the stupid girl who might have been waiting for him to come back.

5 years, that's a long time to test one's patient and it's not an understatement to say that he was impressed by the girls endurance.

He had promised her to meet again on a whim as she wasn't loosing her grip on his shirt and the doctor was urging him to treat his wounds.

But who would have thought that the girl would take it seriously and wait for his return.

It's hard to wait for the return of a soldier and this girl does it without a second thought.