VI

They finally escaped the BRADS, they were safe. Kenji still held Yazs' hand, just in case they have to run again.

Yaz looked down at their intwined fingers and then back at Kenji. "Your still holding my hand?" She asks shyly.

"Yeah just in case we have to run again, wouldn't want you to get left behind and eaten." Kenji joked.

Her smile dropped and she whimpered at the thought. "Sorry not funny." He said as he watched her try to maintain her thoughts.

"Just don't think about whatever's bothering you, we're going home." He squeezed her hand reassuringly.

She smiled up at him, they walked behind Mae shivering.

"Mae I thought you said this way leads to the Supply plane" Yaz said.

"It does we just gotta get out of this biome, using those gliders." She gestures to the huge vehicles behind her.

They all split up and climbed into the vehicles. Darius, ben, Mae and Sammy in one. Kenji, Yasmina and Brooklyn in the other.

Since they no longer held hands Yaz covered them with the long sleeves of her shirt. By now her ponytail was looser than earlier, the ponytail holder slid down closer to the ends of her hair.

Yaz stared out the window, she heard the roaring of another dinosaur. The mosasaurus smacked into their glider. She covered her face yelping. She shot up terrified.

"Yaz? Are you okay?" Kenji asked, moving closer as he grabbed hold of her hand, massaging them, rolling up her shirt sleeves.

"Yeah I'm okay." She lies, giving into the comforting hand massage he was giving her. Brooklyn glances back there, she frowns jealousy taking over her emotions. "Hey Kenji, why don't you give Yaz some space." Brooklyn grumbles through her teeth.

They look up confused and still holding hands. Brooklyn glared out the window. "I was just saying if you were cold then you should come up here." She quickly lies.

"Nah I'm good." He says.

She grits her teeth. "What's that?" Yaz shoots up pointing at the road with her unoccupied hand.

Brooklyn stops the glider and hops out, she walked next to Darius and Mae.

Kenji and Yaz walked out together and stood closely.  "What's going on?" Yaz asked worriedly. "Pierce, he's gone into hypothermic shock." Mae explains saddened.

"We have to get him out of this biome!" Says Sammy.

"But what about the supply plane, it's gonna be here in under an hour." Yaz reminds them.

"I'll figure out how to get pierce back to the desert biome, you guys go on ahead." She rubs pierced shivering body.

"You can't just move a four-thousand pound dinosaur on your own." Darius reasons.

"How bout some of us go and stall the plane and the rest of us stay here and help Mae" Brooklyn suggest.

"We can't, if we wanna help pierce we all have to go." Darius explains.

Kenji looks at Yaz full of concern, shivering she reluctantly agreed. Kenji walked Yaz back to the glider.

"Stay here, and keep warm." Kenji whispers to her. She nods worriedly.

If we don't make this quick, we'll miss the plane.

Yaz can feel the tears stinging her eyes as she thinks about missing the opportunity to go home. She ultimately decided to help out, ignoring that Kenji told her to stay behind.