Chapter 2

I rang the doorbell and a female walked outside. She sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes.
"Who you lookin for?" She asked. She was a cute girl just not as fine as me and she knew she wasn't.

"I'm looking for Doe," I said rolling my eyes.
She walked to the back leaving the door open. I kept my hand close to my waist just in case a nigga wanted to step wrong. I never knew what happened in Doe's trap and wasn't trying to find out.

Doe came from the back just fine as ever. He smiled at me, showing off his grill. He was slugged up and fine as fuck. I knew I was wrong by looking at Des's brother like that but he was just as fine as Des.
"Sup Crys," he said standing over me. "You packing a 40, we all see it."
I knew he was looking at my ass because I had a strap in the back too.
"How you notice my 40 but you missed my 9?" I asked raising my shirt up.
Dammmmmmmn all his trappers whispered in unison. I stepped up to the table and gave Doe his Dope and I left. I don't know why Des put me in these situations but I was not a happy camper.

I looked at Des and then rolled my eyes.

DES
I looked at Honey Combs eyes and knew I was going to make a major move. She had been so caught up with life she hasn't even mentioned the mere fact that her birthday is tomorrow.
"What you doing tomorrow?" I asked.
"Nothing, probably waking up beside your crazy ass," she said cracking a small but a cute smile.
I couldn't stand her ass but I loved her so much. I loved her the day I laid eyes on her.
I taught her everything she knew, from the streets to the guns, I taught her it all. She never crossed me, but I couldn't say that about any other bitch I've ran across.

My Honey Comb I thought.
"So where we headed?" Crys asked.
"To where we were suppose to go," I said sucking my teeth.
"Okay," she said as she sat back and closed her eyes. I knew that tonight was going to be crazy.
It was 11:40 pm and we were approaching the river front. We were downtown in the heart of Memphis. Nobody is normally out at this time of night. I talked with the police and told them about tonight so they bent the law just for me.

We pulled up to the river front and Crys opened her eyes and sighed.
"Where are we?" She asked looking confused.

"Our destination, hold on," I said getting out of the car going to the other side.
"Bu-" she said but I closed the door.

I opened her door and she got out. Her straight face turned me on and she was very confused.
"Des what's this?" She asked looking towards the candles I sat around the blanket and rose petals around the blanket. It was a nice night so everything worked out perfectly.

Her honey skin glowed so perfectly and I could feel myself getting hard. I had paid a good penny for the girl to dress up like a goddess and play the Harp. She played Slow Motion by Trey Songz which was Crys' favorite song.
I looked over at Crys and her straight face was now a full blown smile. I was in awe because I've never seen Crys look this beautiful. She glowed from head to toe. I took her tiny hand and and let her find a place on the blanket.
"So what's all this for?" Crys said.
"To a wonderful relationship, a phenomenal woman, and somebody's birthday." I said sitting next to her.

Crys
Damn I can't believe in forgot it was going to be my birthday in less that 5 minutes. Des went all out of his way to do this. I didn't even know he could be this romantic. I was about to be 18 and damn I couldn't believe it.

Des poured me a glass of wine and I knew I wasn't of legal drinking age but I didn't care.
"Look at the sky," Des instructed me. I did and the stars were actually out in Memphis to my surprise.
Fire works started to go off and my eyes lit up. It wasn't the back fireworks either it was the huge ones.
One went off and I started to read them.
"Happy......Birthday......Honey Comb..........Boom! Boom! I......have......a question.............Will.....you.....marry......me?" I read the fireworks and I stopped. Tears started to stream down my face and I literally started crying.

"Baby," Des said but I was filled with too many emotions and I couldn't speak. "You going to answer me?"

"YES OF COURSE DES!" I yelled as I jumped on him and kissed him. He then pushed me off and got on his knee and pulled out a diamond ring the size of Texas.
"Mrs. Des Jones," he cooed.
I could not believe it. I had to tell Trisha. She was the only family I had and I had no friends. The only friend I had was Tia and she got shot and killed two months ago.
Ahhhhhhhhh I screamed in my head.

Des and I got up to head to the Peabody and celebrate. I couldn't wait to tie the knot with my rider. When we got into his car and kissed I stopped as I had this eerie feeling come over me.
"Might as well stop kissing," this girl had a gun pointed to Des's head and she had on a ski mask to protect her identity. "I'll blow your shit off nigga, drive the fucking car to orange mound." Des looked worried but I didn't because I was packing all the heat.
Next thing I know it went dark and everything changed.