Feels like we only go Backwards

a.k.a The Flashback

Simon 

 We both were in our flat, snuggled up on our couch when Baz started coughing first. I looked over at him, surprised. Vampires don't get sick. Baz cleared his throat then noticed me worried gaze. "I'm sure its nothing, Love. Must be the rats I drained earlier."

"you sure?" I asked, still worried.

He gave me a reassuring look. Then when he sensed I wasn't convinced he kissed the mole on my neck, then my lips. I gave in.

"I'm sure" He murmured softly. I believed him. Until the next time.

It didn't really stop. He started having coughing fits more and more as weeks went by. Now my worry was turning into panic. He was trying his best to hide it, but I knew.

___

"You didn't have to do this" I said as I walked around the house. The house. It was beautiful. The rooms were lit up with series of hanging yellow lights, which gave a beautiful effect. All around the house Baz and stung up photos of us over the years. (I always insisted on taking lots of photos. Its a great way to preserve memories).

Baz slowly snaked an arm around me from behind as I looked around in awe. He kissed me below my ear then whispered, "Of course I had to. Its our 20th wedding anniversary. As you insisted to not go out, this is the least I can do."

I smile as a bubble of tenderness and love flutters in my stomach. I turn in his arms and wrap my arms around his neck and stare into those magical grey eyes. He looks at me like I hung the moon. Even after all these years, I still get butterflies when Baz looks at me like that. My tail whips around and he catches it, and coils it around his hand. I shudder, and my wings wrap around both of us.

"Simon" Baz whispers, his eyes never leaving mine, and doesn't need to say more.

We're kissing again, and time, it's like fighting. It's hot and desperate and filled with lust and love. I bit his lower lip, and he whimpers leaning into me more and then suddenly pulling back. In a surprising short amount of time he's across the room, leaning his had on the wall for support and coughing violently. I am by his side in seconds rubbing his back and asking him what's wrong? If he's okay? 

I almost get an heart-attack, or maybe I just did get an heart-attack (I don't know how those feel like, I've never had any) when he removes his hand from his mouth. 

It's covered in blood.

I half carry and half drag him towards the bedroom. It's easy, he feels lighter. He feels weaker. I lay him down on the bed as gently as I can and cover him half with blankets. 

"Simon I'm no-" he tries to speak but is drowned by another wave of coughing. I bring up tissues for him. I need to constantly be doing something or I'll be insane with worry. I think I already am. 

"I'm gonna call Penny and you will not argue about this!" I command and he doesn't try to protest. Every time he had coughing fits and I suggested telling Penny he refused, said he will be okay. Well it sure as hell don't look like it now. 

My hands are shaking as I dial Penny's number. Vampires don't get ill. Coughing blood. Blood-loss. Undead. Dead. 

"....I told you not to disturb me when I'm at the library unless it's an emergency , Si"

"Penny, it's Baz!" I don't know if she caught how despite I sound.

"Si, you can tell me all about the anniversary surprise later-"

"Penny, it's Baz. I think he's dying"

___

Four days had passed since then, and Baz was getting worse and worse. Penny had came rushing that day, but she had no idea what was up with him. After hours of debate Baz grudging agreed to see Dr Wellbelove.