If I Killed Someone For You

Baz

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. 

I know I sound crazy, but, Simon snow is plotting my downfall. 

The Irony makes me laugh humorlessly. 

But I'm serious this time. He has started following me around again like 5th year, but now he's actually making an effort to be sneaky. If I wasn't cursed with vampire senses, I wouldn't have known. Also I can feel him staring at me 24/7. But his gaze seems calculating. ('CaLCuLaTiNg'.)

 Its been on for weeks now. But that's not the worst of it. We're actually started being civil with each other. He literally wished me goodnight yesterday. For once, I have no idea what he's planning. He's making me lose my mind. Maybe that's his plan. Driving me crazy till I lose my head. (I literally sound like Snow).

Talking about weird things going on, Simon snow hasn't gone off in the past two weeks. That is, until today. 

Snow got a summon from the mage, to meet him in the great lawn. Its nothing new, the Mage does that all the time- Dragging his own heir out of the education he actually needs to fight some kind of dangerous creature who will probably rip his throat if he doesn't go off like a nuclear weapon. 

The moment Snow got the summon, his face visibly paled, and the room temperature rose a few dozen degrees. I dared not think what kind of creature the mage was talking about, that made Simon Snow's dread rile up. Bunce took him my the arm and dragged him out before he fried all of us to death. The temperature slowly dropped back to normal, and Miss Possibelf resumed teaching like nothing had happened. 

I had never in my life skipped a class before. I had never in my life followed Snow secretly to his missions. I had never in my life been grateful that I'm a vampire. Guess today is the day for the first times. 

Simon

I pull back from Penny's grasp and stop in my tracks. We're outside, but the fresh air hasn't calmed me down yet. I lean back against the brick wall, and wipe my sweat with my sleeve. My breathing is uneven, like I've been running for miles. My heart-rate is faster than a racing cheetah. Penny puts a hand on my shoulder and asks softly, "Whats wrong , Simon?"

I look in her eyes and think, Everything. Every bloody thing. My husband is dying and the only way to save him is coming back in time in an alternate universe and reversing the events that happened. But I forgot another important challenge I had to face. The Mage....My father. Just to even rethink about everything that happened....I can't. 

I shake my head. "Just feeling a bit out of my element. Didn't get much sleep last night." 

Penny knows that isn't true. "Do you want me to convince the Mage to let you rest today? We an do the mission later, your health is more important."

"No" I say, sharper than I mean to. Penny quickly retracts her hand from my shoulder. I quickly take another deep breath. "I mean we need to talk to him. About the war."

"Simon. I still don't think its a good idea, at least wait till you finish school."

"Will it even matter if I finish school or not?" I say, spreading my hands in a helpless manner. " I am not learning anything anyway. I just can't. I was brought hear to fight the war, so better get over with it sooner than later"

"Simon, don't say that-" Penny starts but is cut of my the Mage approaching them.

"Simon" He says. 

"Sir" I say, stiffly. 

After all these years the word sounds foreign. 

I finally look at the Mage. Its been almost 30 years since I saw him. As I didn't keep any photos or anything, his image form my mind had faded in the past years. Now that I look at him again, my first urge is to try not to laugh. I have no idea what came over me, but the Mage...to be honest he looks like 21st century hipster Robin hood. Penny elbows me in the stomach and the laugh that escaped me quickly turns into a cough.