The Roommate from Hell

Simon

When I open my eyes, I'm back in my room. My Watford room, that is. Events of this afternoon slowly come back to me. Its night time now. When I sit up, my joints cracked like I haven't moved in days. My throat is dry. I need water. 

As if reading my thoughts, I hear Baz's voice saying, "Is on the nightstand. Make sure not to knock down the other stuff there while you're at it" 

My eyes finally focus and I see Baz in his bed, reading a book. Which is weird, because he is always out at night to hunt, and only comes back when I'm asleep. My head is still fuzzy from the sleep, so I distract myself by drinking the water on my nightstand so that I accidentally don't blurt out something like, "I miss u so much" or "come here and cuddle me". 

I look down at my nightstand and see get well soon cards, chocolates and candies. These can't be here if I was asleep for just a few hours. Dread creeps in me. 

"How long was I out?" I ask, failing to hide my panic. 

"93 hrs" He says, not even looking up from his book.

I almost spill my water. "FOUR DAYS!?"

He looks up from his book, and a surprised expression crosses his face. "You know math?"

I don't bother with a reply. I'm now stood up and pacing across the room, ignoring my magic spilling out of me. 

Its been three weeks.

What will happen if I'm too late?

I'm sure I can't take this long. 

What if I'm already too late?

What if  he is already-

"Snow" Baz warns and my magic fills up the room almost making it hard to breathe. 

"Snow" He insists again and I do nothing, and I can't stop myself from pouring out the next words. 

"You have read the whole bloody library, haven't you!?"His expression changes and before he can say anything, I continue. "What about travelling to parallel universes? Or time travel? Have you read something about that? Does the timeline of one universe affects the other?"

"What the hell are you barking about?" He says. 

"BAZ. Please" and he might nave seen the urgency and panic in my eyes, because he answers. 

"Hypothetically speaking, events and timelines of parallel universes have no effect on each other. Unless"

"Unless what?"

He frowns. "Unless say somebody intervened with time. What do you need to know this?"

Ignore the latter. "So you are saying if someone traveled to a parallel universe and back again, The timeline in the actual universe will keep on moving?"

"We can't tell. It depends on the person and the spell" 

My stomach drops and I drown down on the floor between our beds. My magic has calmed down, but now I feel like I'm gonna cry. Baz is right here, still frowning, but honestly, I don't have the energy to care. Silent tears pour out of my eyes my face unloving, my hands hugging my knees to my chest. 

Baz gets of his bed and think for a moment he is coming here to comfort me, but he starts heading towards the door, probably to give me privacy. I don't want privacy, I just want him. 

"Baz" I croak. "Can you stay?"

 He stoops in surprise. He nods finally, then says in the softest voice, "I'll bring you something to eat. There are some extra scones left in the kitchen, now that there was no one to wolf them all down at every meal time."