Chapter 5: Illfang the Kobold Lord

Y/n's P.O.V.

I walked down the stone-riddled dirt road, reaching the drawbridge that connected the road to the large castle-like structure placed smack in the middle of a valley. This was the town called Tolbana, where the meeting for the 1st-floor boss was taking place.

Guard NPC: "Welcome to Tolbana, brave adventurer" The NPC spoke his basic line. 

It had only been a good few hours since I helped out Koharu with her skills and levels, and I was now headed to Tolbana's amphitheater for the meeting discussing the 1st-floor boss. Of which I was informed of by a strangely friendly blue-haired player called Diavel.

I continued to walk down the stony path as I then reached the plaza that connected to the amphitheater, where some players were heading to the meeting. But before I decided to go off to join it myself, I walked up to the teleport gate for the town.

Fun fact about the teleport gates: The player who activates them is listed in the stone engraving, along with a message if they choose to leave one. 

Another fun fact... I was the one who activated it.

Teleport Gate Activated by:

U/n

Engraving Reads:

Y'all suck! Completionist FTW!!

Y/n: "Heheheh, y'all suck..." I laughed to myself as I began to walk to the amphitheater with a stupid grin plastered on my face.

On my short walk there I noticed the ever-friendly and mind-numbing rat, Argo, leaning against one of the various roman-styled pillars, looking down into the amphitheater and to the meeting.

Y/n: "Hey Argo!" I called out to her, she turned around to look at me with her usual sly grin.

Argo: "So the anti-social Completionist finally decided to show up eh!?" She said to looking at, me, not removing herself from the pillar, only looking back with a smile and her arms crossed.

Y/n: "Sorry, sorry, had to finish up some of my gear to be sure I was ready" I told her.

Argo: "But today's jus' the meetin'. Where not fighting until tomorrow..." She said confused at my statement

Y/n: "Oh yeah I know, I was just preparing the very important item called my brain to do the extremely hard task of having to talk to you" I said as she flinched comically at my words.

I laughed at her reaction as I walked to the edge of the amphitheater, looking down at what appeared to be around roughly forty players. Argo recovered from her reaction and went back to looking at the meeting, where she then smiled and waved at a certain Rapier-wielding Gal in the seats.

Y/n: "You think she's going to manage in the boss fight?" I ask her, not taking my eyes off the multiple players, specifically their gear 'They can't be serious about using that gear... Or am I just too overleveled?'

Argo: "Don't worry too much about A-Chan, she'll do jus' fine..." She said, gaining a serious expression. Even I knew that fencer gal could put up a fight, I'm just not sure if she can put up enough of one for the floor boss. After all, just today she nearly died in the labyrinth.

Wanting to change the subject I gave one final look around the amphitheater.

Y/n: "Bet you 50 Col someone brings up the beta testers..." I suddenly say as Argo shrugged with a smile on her face.

Argo: "Hmmm. Well, If I was a betting gal I'd be abusing my position as an info broker"

Y/n: "100 Col?" I raised the price while I was chuckling.